Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Knitting

Good morning all. Hopefully today will be warmer than yesterday!

No treatment needed at the dentist so it was a quick scale and polish and I was on my way home again, thank goodness. The school dentist instilled the fear of God in both me and my older brother when we were younger - she was called Miss Crute and we nicknamed her Crute the Brute!! She always said she'd run out of injections when we asked for one before she drilled our teeth until I got wise and exited the chair and said I'd come back when she'd got more in......she never ran out again!

I decided to make a start on the knitting yesterday, my priority being the Triangular shawl which is needed for a birthday in May. Using Starlight Revue yarn and size 12mm needles, it's garter stitch all the way. Not sure I'm enjoying it....give me 3 ply wool and a pattern any day of the week!

This is my progress thus far:


I think I have about 40 stitches at the moment and I have to get to 150 increasing one at each end as I go so about 50 odd rows still to knit and the tassels to add.....think I might manage that by May!! The yarn does have a lovely sparkle in it which I think you can just see in the photo.

I'll be back in the morning with my DT card for Christmas Challenges (with sketches). See you then.

Carol x

10 comments:

  1. Good Morning Carol. I think your wrap/shawl will be gorgeous when finished, but like you I love my 3ply and fine needles. I did scarves for everyone last Christmas and they were all overjoyed. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous so far!
    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that yarn. Looking good so far, Carol. Can't ait to see the finished project.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure this will just gorgeous when finished.
    I know what you mean a bout yearn and a pattern ....that`s what I like to do.
    More design the better, keeps the brain active.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn does look great Carol. I am more a crochet girl - it grows so much faster than knitting! But I do knot on occasion. Good luck. It shhhould look great on completion. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh god Carol I cringed when you mentioned school dentists LOL I hated ours put fear of god into me..in fact my older brother didnt go to a dentist for almost 20 years after a bad experience with his school dentist...anyway love this wool I havent done any knitting since I battled with a thomas the tank engine jumper for my grandson!! hahahaha was nice when it was eventually finished huggles hun and cant wait to see this finished, Sue J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear you needed no treatment Carol. I hate the dentist too. Loving the gorgeous wool and it sure does have a sparkle. I am sure you will get this done in plenty of time.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great news from the Dentist Carol l'm not too bad about going although l did use to be terrified not pleasant journey for anyone one l'm sure!! your knitting looks brilliant can't wait to see the finished item xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad all was OK at the dentist, your school dentist must have been bad if you can still remember her name!
    Love your knitting, will look forward to seeing the completed shawl.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to be terrified, was never away from them, wasn't blessed with good teeth. Your knitting looks lush, love the colour and yarn. Look forward to seeing the end result Carol. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x