Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 10 October 2014

Imagine, Dream, Inspire...

Good morning all.

Thank goodness it's Friday...I've been totally disorientated this week after our few days away, I might get back on track at the weekend.

Today's share is an altered book. As always I forgot the before photo so here it is after it's first coat of gesso. I found it lying unused and unloved in a drawer and decided it might make a good art journal as the pages are quite sturdy.


After several coats of gesso and white acrylic paint it was ready to alter.


After gathering some stamps and stencils together I masked off the areas for the three word stamps from Visible Image. I also masked the sides of the book to create a white border. Then I got all inky using Distress Inks. I used some stamps from Bo Bunny to overstamp with some distress ink but these didn't come out too well. I then stamped various stamps from Bo Bunny, Inkylicious and a magazine freebie in black Archival ink. The texture paste was put through a stencil from Memory Box. Once everything was dry I removed all the masking tape and stamped the sentiments in black Archival.


I still don't like messy but I love what can be created!

Challenges entered:
Altered Eclectics - anything goes
Eclectic Ellapu - purple texture paste/embossing
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - halloween or not
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card
Craftin Desert Divas - anything but a card
Dream Valley Challenges - anything but a card
Not Just Cards - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Addicted to Stamps - anything goes
Artist Trading Post - anything mixed media goes

25 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, a great idea. thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Carol! I love it...have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea Carol and done wonderfully! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Carol, I love the fabulous background and great sentiments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing project, such wonderful texture. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol this is lovely .............what a transformation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. its a great project but anything goes is not the theme for Anything but a Card this month. The them for October is Autumn Magic/Spring wonder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh love it! It looks fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous book cover, Carol! Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely brilliant Carol you have made a beautiful transformation of the book.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliantly altered book, I like all the lovely texture, and particularly the colors. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Carol, such a transformation - I love the background you have created.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have really transformed this book. It looks fabulous, the background is lovely and the sentiments are perfect too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, Perfect for our challenge...
    Thank you for joining in our challenge (Not Just Cards) Good luck.... Sylvia DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous altered book Carol ! The colours and texture look wonderful. Thanks for joining us at ATP Exchange. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a neat project - I would never think to do this :-) Thanks for linking it up with the CDD "Anything But a Card" linky party!
    Nicole
    CDD dt

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super use of an old book. I love distressed background and those sentiments are just right! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Idea!!!!

    Thanks for playing with us the challenge of Inspiration Destination!

    Good Luck and I hope see you again!

    Gr. Meggi DT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the alteration! Many thanks for joining the Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautilly altered - Love it. Hope you will join in with future challenges over at Eclectic Ellapu xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Carol...love your altered book cover and it's lovely to have you join in with our first challenge here at ATP

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Carol, this is a lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again soon. Lynn, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's fabulous! and I love the idea of using a book as an art journal... One could let the text come through here and there as desired. Thanks for the tip! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a transformation and for the better. Fab project
    ​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so lovely :-)) I like your book!
    Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge ... Good luck!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x