Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 27 March 2015

What makes you Different

Good afternoon all.

Domestic Goddess hat has been dispensed with for today and I'm having five minutes before I need to start cooking! Another glorious spring day here, just hope it lasts all weekend.

A second post from me today...running out of month to enter some challenges!


This is a small canvas, painted first with gesso then, using a brayer I layered opaque and translucent Fresco Finish paints in various shades of blue, adding a layer of gesso between each colour. I used Grunge Paste for the first time with a stencil from Memory Box and painted over it once dry with the darkest shade of paint. The NBUS stamps are from Unity Stamps...stamped onto tissue paper and added to the canvas with gel medium. I used a versamark pen and various EP's to add colour to the flowers and leaves, then painted the rest with Fresco Finish paints.
This is my first attempt at this type of image on a canvas and I'm quite pleased how it turned out...but there is room for improvement! Not sure whether to add anything else or leave it be...

Challenges entered:
Unity Stamps - Friends with Flair
Stamp Artic - use stamps
STAMPlorations - stamps & stencils

36 comments:

  1. Love the colors on your canvas! So gorgeous, the blue is amazing. Beautiful! Happy weekend!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous canvas Carol.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Carol.....just loving the textures and colours! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Carol this is awesome a very beautiful canvas, that background, colours and image are superb.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous canvas. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol,
    oh what a really great Nbus creation.
    Love all the fab work gone into this, and all the great shades of blue.
    The image is stunning.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Carol is your canvas creation x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really creative. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a first time on canvas, you did spectacular! This is FABULOUS!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Carol - so arty! - I think its perfect left just as it is hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your canvas Carol the colours are so great it's really lovely..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is super lovely! I love your blues and that great texture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning. You are getting so accomplished with all these textured techniques you've been doing. Love this canvas, and you've used one of my fav MB stencils. It's lovely over the linen look canvas, and your lady's head is marvelous with all the techniques you've showcased. Good idea to use the brayer with the paints & gesso. Must try this. Thnks for the idea...also loved the "Domestic Goddess" too. Add "artistic Goddess" to your titles as well. TFS & hope your wkend is just lovely. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so AWESOME WOW WOW WOW! I love how you did the hair and the colors are amazing I love it.I am also your newest follower I hope you will come follow me to.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautifui. Thanks for sharing.
    I saw your card at Unity's FWF hop.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great canvas Carol. I love the textured effect and I don't think it needs anything else. Fabulous! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love seeing how people use the Camille stamp, it's so inspiring and creative, and so is your canvas project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carol - I love your canvas - it has got me all inspired - I'm off to a canvas class with Jo from Clarity today - looking forward to it! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW WOW WOW . . .I LOVE the look of this canvas Carol. Beautiful stencilling, terrific images and wonderful sentiment. TOP MARKS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great canvas!! Love your textures and the lovely blues!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is pretty! Awesome work with these stamps and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness - this is just beautiful! Love it so much. Awe inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Carol this canvas is fabulous - the grunge paste is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful canvas art! Love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous canvas! Love the design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a gorgeous canvas Carol. The colours and stamp are fabulous as is the sentiment. For a first try I think it is wonderful. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful canvas. Love the colours and textures. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Carol, What a gorgeous project! I have had my eye on thus stamp for some time. Beautiful canvas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous canvas! Love your texture~ Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is breathtaking, Carol! I'm no expert on this type of artistry, but I love it just the way it is! In my humble opinion, you did an excellent job with this medium!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #4!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great canvas Carol, you have been busy.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow.....fabulous work!!! That image is just amazing.
    Hi from one of your Friends with Flair!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card! Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x