Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 7 March 2015

Stay Lucky!

Good morning all.

Gosh it didn't half blow a hoolie last night!!
We were contemplating going to watch some husky sledding this weekend but I think it will actually be too warm for the dogs with the mild weather...typical!

Two ATC's to share today....both sons are going off travelling this year so decided as they'll both be travelling light to forego the Bon Voyage cards and give them these instead.

The youngest, Mark left yesterday eventually! He stayed in Rothbury (little town/village in Northumberland about two hours from here) overnight and he'll be heading Hexham way today and into the Lake District from there. Gary doesn't go until June, he's doing a motorbike tour of Iceland  and also visiting Holland, Denmark and the Faroe Islands en-route. He'll be away for about 5 weeks.


Background was created using Fresco Finish paints from Paper Artsy and a brayer. I started with a layer of gesso then a layer of green, more gesso then using a chevron brayer I added some vanilla, then more green with a hearts brayer. Texture paste was applied through a Memory Box stencil and WOW EP added over the top. After leaving everything to dry overnight I heat embossed the EP. The stamp is from the same Year Round Cheer set from Close to my Heart which I used a couple of days ago and this is the March stamp. Stamped onto tissue paper and applied with slap it on. Finished with a gemstone in the middle of the clover.

Challenges entered:
Unruly Paper Arts - I should be so lucky
Mixed Media Mojo - 2 x ATC's
Paper Artsy - miniature art
I was inspired by Liesbeth's brayered background here
Country Views - anything goes
Simon says Monday - just a hint of clover
SimplyCreate Too - mostly green

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful art Carol, love these xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol these are fabulous! I love the gorgeous designs. I hope your sons have a fabulous time travelling.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Carol, great texture - your boy's certainly do like to travel!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pair of ATCs! Wonderful color and texture. Fabulous Bon Voyage cards, so easy to pocket and hold close. Thanks so much for playing with us at Mixed Media Mojo!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects Carol, nice thought to give to your sons. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol what a lovely little keepsake for the boys to keep with them, great colour and techniques.

    Enjoy your weekend,
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous, I love the colours and wonderful textures too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Carol really lovely huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous ATC's Carol love that texture and the colours, super makes.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your boys sure are lucky to have a wonderfully talented Mom. Both of these ATCs are lovely and from the heart! Good luck to your boys and I would love to watch some dog sledding. My Husky loves pulling me in the sled. Hehe! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Mojo! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ATCs, Carol, totally goes with the theme of this month. Wow, you have created beautiful layers with paints, texture paste and embossing powder.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous make! Love what you did here and thanks so much for joining us at Countryview challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous Carol. They have great texture and colour and I love the "stay lucky"! Look forward to hearing about the boys travels again. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes it was a little windy here too Carol...........your cards are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice ATC's - love all the layers you did - thanks for sharing with us on Mixed Media Mojo
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh what gorgeous loveliness Carol!! The wind has been crazy down here too! But at least also warm enough to open up the house to give it a proper airing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two fabulous ATC's Carol, I love the wonderful dimension and textured look you have achieved with your backgrounds and I hope that your sentiment remains true for you to......Thanks for joining us at Unruly this month and Good Luck! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great ATC's and the perfect little something to tucky away in your son's pockets to remind them that mom is praying for their safety. Great job ! Thank you for creating with us at Unruly PaperArts

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty, I like the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x