Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 6 March 2015

Golden Oldie

Good morning all.

Another lovely spring day yesterday and hopefully to stay mild over the weekend.

An update on the Poppy Stamp die used for this card...the suppliers tried out the other's in their stock and they all took several passes to get a decent cut so it looks like it's the die design at fault. I got a refund...life's too short to spend that long making a quick card!!

I'm off to join Erika at Snappy Crafts to share a golden oldie for Friday. I'm showing some cross stitch for a change...this was probably stitched about twenty years ago and I believe I won first prize at the local flower show for it! It's beginning to look a little grubby now!


Domestic goddess hat again today...I don't think I like Fridays! I think our younger son is planning leaving today to go travelling around the UK in a Renault Kangoo with a bed in the back! Don't know where he is planning on going or when he plans to come home!

13 comments:

  1. Shame about the die Carol, at least you got a refund.
    Fabulous Cross Stitch, so cute - I tried it once, haven't enough patience though.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great cross stitch Carol, very cute and neat.
    As for your son off on his travels, I hope he enjoys himself but I guess you won't be happy till he's back home especially not knowing where or what he's doing!
    Have a good weekend, I should be doing my domestic duties today too, boo, hiss!
    Feeling your pain!

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cross stitch you must have great patience. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous cross stitch Carol! I too used to be a cross stitcher before I got into card making!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, beautiful cross stitch picture, cute teddy.
    Good you got a refund, dies are so expensive not to be able to use them.
    good luck to your son for his journey, isn't it marvellous to be able to just take off like that, anyway have a good weekend Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love it does not matter how old it is it still looks brilliant.
    Glad you got a refund. To me they are churning out these Dies far too quickly and not checking the machinery making them.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Carol...........when you know where your son is going do tell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great oldie Carol - nice to see some stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah so sweet. Beautifully stitched Carol. I used to do so much of this but haven't done any for ages. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable image and beautiful card..Have a lovely weekend.
    aNNie.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have one piece of cross stitch which I have completed. Probably about as old too. I love your piece. Good that you got a refund for the faulty die. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Carol this is so cute and sweet I haven't cross stitched for years..lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely piece of cross stitching Carol I have quite a few unfinished pieces lol! Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x