Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 20 March 2015

Golden Oldie Friday

Good morning all.

We had a beautiful spring day here yesterday, just a shame the clear skies and sunshine haven't lasted until today for the solar eclipse. Judging by the forecast I don't think we'll see very much if anything of it. Updated, as this was scheduled last night, to say we have beautiful sunshine to view the eclipse.

Managed some crafting time yesterday, the results of which you'll see tomorrow...another project which has taken days to finish. 

Domestic Goddess day again, although my back decided to go last night so it might be a very quick once over.

I'm joining Erika at Snappy Crafts again today to show a golden oldie...I've gone back to 2009 to show the card I made for Mum on Mother's Day that year.


I think this is the only word card I've ever made...using the Flower Fairy CD from Crafter's Companion, ribbons and various embellishments. I don't know how I found the time or the patience to make something like this when I was working full time, I don't have either the time or the patience now I've retired!!

Enjoy your weekend whatever you've got planned.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I remember making those. Seems along time ago now.. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carol, you must have had lots of patience, I bet your Mum loved it.
    I hope you managed to see the eclipse, it was too cloudy here, it just got quite dark and cold - I think they managed to see it at Stonehenge which is only about 15 miles away!.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, this is lovely, bet your Mum loved it.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, too cloudy here for the eclipse but it did go very dark, the sun didn't come out till later.
    Thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie this Friday and what an oldie?
    I love your Mum mini book, great colours and the perfect gift.
    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carol this is so beautiful love the delicate colour combo. Your Mum will be over joyed with this
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol,
    oh Carole this is gorgeous and stunningly beautiful.
    Love the fab pink paper used and all the embellies too.
    I have made a load of word books in the past, and always forgot to photograph them, so I know all the work involved in these.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great album, love those letters!!! you could of enter this one too at the TBT challenge! it is not too late to include links!!!
    warm hello Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Carol, I love the design. I too did my domestic goddess duties today too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful word card Carol, pretty papers, love it, hugd Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Mum card and love the colours hugs Mrs A. .

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Carol is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Carol. A couple of weeks ago I made a tag for the CD Sunday challenge with a fairy on it from that cd, the only thing I have ever taken off it! I remember when we used to spend all our time cutting and measuring! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x