Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 21 March 2015

Noted

Good morning all.

We ended up with another glorious spring day yesterday despite the cloudy forecast. The eclipse was quite surreal as my computer sits in full sunshine at that time of day so I was sat with the sun on my back and the moons shadow shading the screen. It was actually too sunny to see the moon itself and I didn't have anything protective for my eyes so I basked in it instead lol.

A bit of upcycling/altering today...I won this  note block in a raffle recently and decided it was ripe for a bit of altering.


This is how it used to be...navy blue tacky plastic cover but a nice size and very sturdy. This is what it looks like now:


This is plan A...I started with plan B and painted the plastic with black gesso then used the brayer with various Fresco Finish paints but I didn't like it....so...
After removing the notepad I recovered the whole outer with adhesive canvas and painted it with gesso.  I then set to with a brayer and some Fresco Finish paints from Paper Artsy in first an opaque Mermaid then a translucent South Pacific. Peacock feathers DI was then sponged through a circles stencil from Memory Box before I stamped a chicken wire and word stamps from Artistic Stamper.
The bird on a branch is a stencil from Imagination Crafts and I've used two colours of Sparkle Medium. Noted is from Prima, metal doily and love plate were a recent purchase from China, butterfly charm from Splodgeaway and corners from Mucky Paws...these were all gessoed then sponged with peacock feathers DI. Feather and flower were from my stash.
I love how this turned out!

Challenges entered:
Mixed Media Monthly - birds of a feather
Our Creative Corner - junk in your trunk
Paper Artsy - deconstruction
Mixed Media World - anything goes

28 comments:

  1. oh wow hun stunning i love love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a transformation Carol! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's fabulous Carol....now you have me thinking!.....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a transformation Carol, this is beautiful - I love the colour and all of your fabulous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference from how it started. Great alteration Carol. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Carol this is fabulous! I love the fabulous design and gorgeous colours. A brilliant piece of upcycling!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very gorgeous Carol - fabulous transformation! It's fun this altering stuff I'm loving it too! Was fast asleep when the eclipse happened, thankfully, as I'd been awake until five with my back playing up. Nice day yesterday here - actually saw some sun Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Carol what an amazing and beautiful transformation, the colours image and embellishments look gorgeous, love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! What a stunning notebook you've got now. Love the backround and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Carol, such a wonderful design and I love the colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Carol l love everything you have done to change it it really is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunningly gorgeous Carol, what a transformation, loving your colours and design.
    I didn't manage to see anything, cloud cover too dense, but certainly felt it, the wind got up and became very cold. Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Carol this is amazing!!! I must say your altered art is fab lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw the darkness here Carol as it was very cloudy until after the eclipse and then we had a beautiful sunny day. Love your notebook. Fabulous looking now after being altered. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, no matter what the circuitous process was, the finished result is lovely! The problem is, now you've got me thinking about how I can rehab all those ugly notebooks.... I already hoard enough weird things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. De constructed twice! Live the colurs. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love what you have done to this plain but sturdy notebook, it's a perfect bit of altering,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word Carol you would never think that it was the same book after you got hold of it! Just love it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love what you've done with this journal, just my colours too. Great job.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic Job Carol, you've made it pretty!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your altered note pad. The colors are FAB! Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely altered cover Carol. Beautiful details. thank you for joining us this week at Altered Eclectics. Judy Dt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for entering this into the Junk in your Trunk challenge at Our Creative Corner, it really does fit the challenge theme and I loved how you altered it into something so beautiful to look at. - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter) at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carol, what a really gorgeous remake. I just love everything about it. I just bought a new brayer and going to have to come back and read your instructions again and try your technique. Thanks so much of sharing this with us at Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and hope you will come back again next month and share more lovely goodies.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful transformation of the book. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful!! Love the layers and the colors!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wonderful cover! that huge feather is so dreamy! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x