Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 9 March 2015

Tatiana

Good morning all.

A quiet day yesterday, I had a football match to watch in the afternoon...really need it to be the end of season as the matches keep interrupting my crafting time lol!  A quick visit to the dentist this morning, a few household chores then the day is my own.

The intrepid traveller decided to head into Yorkshire...after visiting Kielder Reservoir he set off over the Pennines into the Yorkshire Dales where he has been visiting caves, waterfalls, gorges and reservoirs. He was camped up last night with a view of the Leighton Reservoir. He's staying clear of all the motorways and main roads and just "googling" as he goes! I believe he's heading for the North York Moors today.

I read a tip at the weekend regarding dies which were hard to cut...put a layer of bubble wrap in your sandwich...now I want my die back to give it a try!!

Some more embossing with aluminium tape to share today.


Using one of the Celtic Dream Dies from Imagination Crafts and Lavinia Stamps called Tatiana. I've cut the die several times and layered it up to give plenty of dimension and stuck it to a backing card embossed with a hessian EF from Crafter's Companion. Plumbers tape was then stuck all over the die and backing sheet making sure to press it well into all the grooves.


Once everything was covered I started inking up with fresco paints from Paper Artsy - I used 
Autumn Fire, Blood Orange and Pumpkin Soup . Paints were sponged on and then polished when dry to let some of the tape shine through. I kept adding layers of paint until I was happy with the results. 


I then added some diamond sparkle medium over the die relief to add lots of sparkle. After painting and distressing an MDF collage frame with black and silver the finished piece was mounted and a few gems were added the frame.

Challenges entered:
Mixed Media World - anything goes
Art Journal Journey - things with wings
Country View Challenges - anything goes
Lavinia Stamps - add some gems 
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card
Not Just Cards - anything goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - anything goes

32 comments:

  1. that's spectacular Carol....I would never of thought of using a die cut as a relief....now you have me thinking.....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Carol I've not tried this technique, it looks very interesting and I love the final look.
    As for your son heading to Yorkshire, it is gods country after all! Can you tell where I come from originally?!
    He will have a super time, some beautiful countryside in that area and lots of good places to eat.
    I will try the bubble wrap tip and let you know if it works, if nothing else it will making a great noise going through the machine. ;)

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab textures Carol!
    Thank you for joining us at
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. This looks really effective . Now where can I get my mitts on plumbers tape! Good tip,about the bubble wrap . Will give that a try. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Carol, a beautiful die - it looks beautiful in it's frame.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely, a new sort of art journaling. Thanks for joining us at Art Journal Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea and so pretty Carol. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Carol, this looks fabulous! Thanks for the tip too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever technique and very different as a journal page

    Thank you for joining us
    Love Chrissie AJJ guest hostess xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, love what you have done on this one.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great Carol looks absolutely fabulous! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all went well with the Dentist Carol........Your project looks brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is a beauty Carol love the technique you have used a superb make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol this is fab . Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks fab Carol - will need to try this! Thanks for the inspiration! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Clever way to use the plumbers tape Carol, and adding the Sparkle Medium over the top of that is amazing, i bet it looks so sparkly. Loving your card, thank you for joining in with our challenge.

    Mo :-)
    DT MMW

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an interesting technique Carol,your make is lovely! Thanks for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This technique is one I've never heard about, and you achieved some bloomin' great results with it. Very amazing look. I've read through your how-to-s, twice, now. I'm thinking you had the layers of the die cut, then taped to the mesh tape, and then applied the paint. I'm gonna read through again, when I'm not concentrating on catchup, cause this is something I want to try. What a fabulous look, and bet you had tons of fun! TFS & inspiring too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of sparkle and shine! I am a fan of plumbers tape too. Those layers of paint add dimension. Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd March Challenge. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful and what a great step by step tutorial Carol..... Good Luck and thanks for entering into the Lavinia Challenge ...... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. just lovely,love the silver angel and the backround its super.


    xxx Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just fabulous Carol, love your technique, it's a gorgeous die and pretty background too.
    Your son is travelling through some gorgeous countryside, lucky him, but don't fancy the camping, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really lovely Carol, some fabulous ideas here. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge and good luck!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful Carol, you have a real flair for putting different things together. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  26. really interesting card. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Carol this is gorgeous and I love the technique - talented lady. Thank ou for sharing with us over at TMC this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. and now with my other DT hat on and guess what I love it even more this time around hun xx TFS over at RCS this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this technique! The fairies are so lovely with the colors you used! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, Carol!! love that plumbers tape on black diecut.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Mirror Cracked challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful art and I loved seeing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I saw something similar to this a while back and rushed off and sourced some plumbers tape, and there it sits on my shelf making me feel guilty! You have put your's to excellent use, what a gorgeous piece. I really must have a go myself!

    Thanks for sharing with us, and inspiring me to get off my backside and use that tape....

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x