Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 5 March 2015

"This Makes Me Happy"

Good morning all.

We had a beautiful sunny springlike day yesterday, it was lovely to have all the windows open without needing the winter woollies on!

A very quick card to share today. The ladies at LIM set a theme of "This Makes Me Happy" this week and I had pondered how best to portray something on a card.

Yesterday my car and house keys went missing and I had a hissy fit with younger son who I believed had had them last, only to finally remember I'd popped them in my handbag on Tuesday before we went shopping....I owed him a big apology so I made him a card.


Using a little stamp from a set called Year Round Cheer from Close to my Heart...this is the February stamp. I've had these stamps for a couple of years or more, having won them either in a blog candy/challenge and only lately used them for the first time! I've added Crackle accent to the heart, only because my Glossy accent is missing! Added some twine and a charm. Dies from Spellbinders.

So what makes me happy? Obviously my children (well mostly!), birds in the garden, the colour red, crafting and lastly harmony at home...which has now been restored!

Challenges entered:
Less is More - this makes me happy
Stamping Sensations - one for a guy
Crafter's Cafe - use a charm
Clear it Out - anything goes

25 comments:

  1. Fab card Carol! Been there done that lol! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CAS card Carol, it really proves that less can be more.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful cas make carol. its fabulous! makes me happy too! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great CAS design Carol, glad you found how to solve the LIM challenge, I'm still pondering!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This certainly makes me happy, love it's simplicity.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made me smile - I think we have all been there! Super little card though and I'm sure he appreciated the gesture! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Carol, I love the sweet image and beautiful CAS design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous and I am sure he will be happy to receive this. I too have done what you did too!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love all the white space and the colors you used. Thanks for sharing at CIO. Hope you join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great CAS card Carol, I am sure your son will forgive you after seeing this card too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Carol, I'm sure your apology was accepted.
    Have you looked in your handbag for your glossy accents?
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol your card is truly lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Carol I mislaid my purse once and looked everywhere..I went into a drawer in the kitchen and found some Lurpak I then knew where it was..in the fridge!!! lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute & clever apology card, and reminder to him that you do love him. Got a chuckle from your use of the term 'hissy fit'. Thought only us Southern USA folks knew what that meant. My Yankee friends never know what it really means, so I offer to demonstrate! Nothing like a good hissy fit to clear the air & get things straight! So glad you found the lost items, and how sweet of you to make a card like this! Bet he loved it too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and lovely blog post too - I'm so pleased I don't have to make a card every time I mislay my keys - there's not enough hours in the day lol - my youngest son always just says - well you've never done that before! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A cute card Carol, love the little birdie. My hubby is the key culprit in this house, he's even gone to work with my keys!
    We bought a juicer at Christmas too in the hope of being healthier.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute, CAS and gorgeous Carol - love it.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Carol, love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love this! So sweet of you to make this for your son to say sorry. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This bird is very sweet!! :) Love the CAS design here! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful CAS design, Carol...Love it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute and perfectly simple. I love the addition of the charm on the twine too. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry for my late visit Carol, what a fab card for our happy challenge! Glad harmony is restored :)
    Thanks so much for joining us
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous male creation, great design, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x