Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Hello

Good morning all.

A funny old day yesterday, woke to bright sunshine but by dusk it was blowing a gale and raining...looks like more wind and rain today and tomorrow too! Hope it brightens for the Easter Weekend.

A card made for a swap to share today with the theme of "Watch the Birdie".


Backing card, stencil and sparkle medium all from Imagination Crafts. Sentiment die from memory Box and gems from my stash.
This was one of those cards where if something could go wrong it did!! I started by stencilling on plain white card, looked at it and thought silly moo! (or words to that effect!). Re-did no problem, got the topper all made up stuck it onto the base card with foam tape...I'd made an upside down tent fold card!! Managed to correct this without any damage then decided it needed something in the middle of the card so found a nice sentiment which fitted, stamped with stazon ink then remembered the foam tape which meant I got a lousy impression...thought about covering up with a die cut but it wasn't going to look right! I then had a light bulb moment and remembered the stazon remover...things couldn't really get any worse could they...et voila the card was saved!! I quickly did an insert, took a photo and removed it from harms way while it was still in one piece!

Challenges entered:
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Scribble and Scrap - anything goes
Crazy 4 Challenges - let's think spring
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - anything goes/add a sentiment
Simply Create Too - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
Dream it Up - Marching into spring

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Carol,
    Love it, absolutely brilliant. Simple but oh! so effective.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS card Carol, loved the disaster/recovery story, glad to hear it isn't just me that has this experience.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous Carol!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol I love this card, great colour combo, the black looking very bold with the soft toned background.
    Happy crafting, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card turned out beautifully Carol, even if creating it was rather eventful.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had fun making this one carol - and its beautiful! Hope the weather gets better - its so cold! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful card Carol, so pleased you managed to save it! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely CAS design! The colors are fabulous and work so well together to create a very sophisticated design! Thanks for slipping this under our door here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now THIS is a card that I wouldn't mind getting in an exchange! I'm jealous of the recipient!! Love the dusty teal background and the way you used the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a delightful CAS style card Carol love that image a super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very soft and very pretty! Nice CAS design! Thanks for playing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely calming card, really lovely. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. I would never have guessed anything went wrong in the construction! I think the colours you have chosen work well with the image. Thank you for joining us this time at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge :)
    Rachel, DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x