Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 14 March 2015

Birthday Wishes

Good morning all.

I've been a bit off colour all week...age related women's stuff...say no more!! Subsequently every time I set foot in the craft room I looked at everything and couldn't put two and two together!! Last night I decided I wasn't leaving until I'd made something....this took forever!


The chevron die is from Spellbinders and this black die cut was lying waiting to be used. I cut a white background die and inked it up with DI in chipped sapphire, salty ocean, peacock feather and cracked pistachio then glued the two together. I inlaid a few of the die cut chevrons then inked up some waste card using the same colours and die cut a birthday sentiment from Clearly Besotted and a dragonfly which was a magazine freebie. After stamping "wishes" I attached the topper to the base card with foam tape, overstamped the dragonfly with the matching stamp, added some gems and stuck everything together. I finished off with some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Challenges entered:
Bloggers - happy birthday
Polkadoodles - birthdays
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
That's Crafty - wings and things
MAWTT - bingo (die, image, gems)
Southern Girls - boys, boys, boys
Simon Says - things that fly
Simon Says - B if for ...black, blue, birthday
The Crazy Challenge - happy birthday

21 comments:

  1. Good morning Carol,
    Sorry to hear you have not been so good this week sending you these (((((hugs)))))
    Love your card, migh have taken longer than normal but it is stunning. Absolutely brilliant effect from that Die, love it.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this gorgeous card with the dragon fly and beautiful colours used...enjoy your weekend..
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous background and loving the dragonfly. I hope you feel better real soon hun.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Carol, well worth the time, I love the colours you have used for the background and the birthday sentiment and dragonfly look fabulous - another die I must resist!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, love the design and the colour combo
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Carol I know where you are coming from....! This was worth the effort and time though. It's fab and love the colours. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super card Carol, love the blue and black combo and the added dragonfly. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter this evening, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh l hope your feeling better l understand where your coming from same happen to me a few weeks back still not right either but we plod on and your card is simply gorgeous l can imagine it taking a long time but it's truly so creative just love it take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome Carol! Brilliant make - I love it. Hope you're feeling good. Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Carol, such a fabulous design and I love the colours.
    Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling too good, I hope you feel better soon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous make Carol totally gorgeous hope your ok now lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Carol this looks awesome, brilliant colours and design, i love it
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Evening Carol, must say this is fabulous , love it. Hope your feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a stunning cad . love the colors and the die is fantastic. worth while the late night...

    hello fram california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.
    /Pillan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello Carol! WOW, awesome design, luv the blues.greens against the black....really pops! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Carol, i hope you´re well, thank you for yours comments every week, i´m glad to see you on my blog.
    Fantastic card Carol, the background is stunning, i like you die, great composition, well done!!! you pull out with difficulty but the end result is gorgeous.
    A warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card.

    Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous make,stunning colours... I love it! Thanks so much for joining our 'Birthdays' challenge at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x