Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 19 March 2015

Happy Birthday Brother

Good morning all.

Well the wanderer returned yesterday...he'd burned himself out and has come home for a rest!! He'd made it down to Dover but hadn't taken any time out to relax and since he was mostly wild camping he was up and about early every day moving on. Guess who'll be doing the washing today!!

I finally managed to finish a card yesterday which I'd started at the weekend!


This was a commissioned card for my brother's ex wife to give her brother. Image is from Bugaboo, coloured with promarkers. Papers are freebies from Jak Heath. Border punch from Martha Stewart. Brother die from Spellbinders. Happy birthday sentiment and banner die from Clearly Besotted. I've used a Swiss Dots EF on the sentiment (which was computer generated) to make it look like a golf ball. Finished with some charms from Splodgeaway and binders twine.
Inside has been decorated with a similar layout.


Challenges entered:
Crafting by Designs - masculine projects
Little Red Wagon - all tied up
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - anything goes, make it square
Passion for Promarkers - check it out
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
That Craft Place - add a charm

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Carol, Gus images are so funny and this one is brilliant - your papers are perfect for the golf theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carol. Your son did well and I bet he is glad to get back to ho.e comforts. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, just love that image!!!!
    Glad the wonder has retuned safe and sound.
    I remember when our son did silly things like that. Really did him no harm, he was up and ready for more after a good old rest and some TLC from me.
    Have a great weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Carol, I love the fun image and brilliant detailing.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous and I love the image. Cute golf clubs
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card for any male Carol that image and sentiment are terrific so are the fab colours and design, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card for a fellow...I had to smile at the image...my husband golfs with the same fellows since Junior High School. They all grew up on the same street! One of them looks a wee bit like this image...lol

    I thought the dotted EFon the sentiment was a great idea...Does give the impression of a golf ball!

    We have the kids today and to tomorrow. They are going home for supper and then returning at bedtime for a sleep over. Saves me getting up at 6:00 tomorrow. It is Spring Break from school here so we are off on an outing with them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! Hilarious image and the patterned paper is awesome! I also love that you put the sentiment in a golf ball :) Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely golf themed card Carol, good luck with all that washing!
    I think I'd want a little more comforts than wild camping now, mind you my boys would enjoy it. I prefer a few home comforts now!
    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha - that sentiment is just plain hilarious! Your brother sure must have a great sense of humor. This is a perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card, Carol, I love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon's "All Tied Up" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image Carol, perfect 4 a guy....hope your bro enjoys his birthday and card.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great card and sentiment Carol, good luck with the washing! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun male card, Carol! Love the image, simple design and great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and thanks so much for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge very good luck Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, Great card for a man and love the charm you have used.
    Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card Carol. A great card for a male, love those images and the checked paper is super. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great fun Bugaboo image. Perfect for a male card. Love the sentiment too.
    Thanks for joining in with our 'Check it out' challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that image just makes me smile. Your card is a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing with us for our All Tied Up challenge at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x