Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 17 October 2014

Wish, Believe

Good morning all.

Yesterday was a little better...I got happy post in the morning...a stamp order and a goody bag I'd won on FB from Cowling and Wilcox which contained lots of sample sizes of various paint mediums and a couple of paint brushes, one of which was exactly what I needed to use with my aquatints!
 With a lingering migraine I hadn't managed any crafting during the day as I just couldn't concentrate but I did manage this last night.

I used the Grunge set of aquatints to make my background and used a little gesso around the edges and some water drops as a resist. The dies are Signature dies from Joanna Sheen and although bought a little while ago this is their first outing! The tickets are from LOTV and were one of my purchases at Harrogate. the bow and gem are from my stash. I did edge the topper with stickles which is still wet in the photo...hopefully it will look better dry!

Everything has been put on with foam pads/tape to give some dimension but it will probably still be flat enough to post.


Challenges entered:
4 Krafty Girlz - anything goes
Inky Impressions - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - things with wings
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - anything goes/make your own background
Pile it On - use two or more die cuts
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - anything goes twist stripes

19 comments:

  1. Hi Carol sorry to hear about the Migraine they are horrible nasty things to have glad to hear that you are recovering. Carol this is absolutely gorgeous what wonderful colours and I really love that silhouette fairy this is quite exquisite.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and I love fairies too and they look stunning in silhouette. Hope your migraine has gone now.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Carol. The background colours look wonderful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Carol, love all the gorgeous colours and your fairy scene.
    Pleased your feeling better, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, what do you think of the aquatints, I haven't bought any myself.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol a beautiful card, love the rainbow effect with the Aquatints. Hope your migraine is better now, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, not sure if you saw my Facebook message yesterday. You've made this gorgeous card from some goodies. You've won something else:

    http://cck-digitalstamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ching-chou-kuik-digital-stamps.html

    Hope you and the family are keeping OK. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol "wow" this is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Carol, such beautiful colours.
    I hope you are feeling better now, have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly gorgeous card Carol, the rainbow background is fabulous as is the image.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to learn you haven't been well Carol, hope you are feeling better. Love your card, the colours are fabulous and the silhouette fairy is gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your over the worst of your migraine now. Your card is super. Love the background colours and the fairy on the mushroom a perfect finish.
    I tend to have stuff for ages before I use it as well. The whisky bottle is still on my desk but I keep getting way laid! hugs Mrs A.
    p.s It was Rita's fault this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love that rainbow effect you've created. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, love the diffrent techniques you used to create this!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Party Time Tuesdays Anything Goes Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our PTT Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creation! Background is gorgeous, I love this colors with black image!
    Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge and good luck.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card - love your color choices and the delicate fairy and mushroom!!! Thanks for joining us as Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge!!!!
    Hugs
    Lynne, DT Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous background! Thanks for playing along with us at Pile it On!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the background, love the silhouette. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges-see you Wednesday for a new one!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x