Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 27 October 2014

Imperfection is Beauty

Good morning all. Hope you've all had a pleasant weekend.

Well I tackled the snippets invasion yesterday...I probably spent 8 hours die cutting and I've only just made a dent in the first box (there are four of varying sizes and fullness),  I think this was the largest! All the workspace I created on Saturday is now full of piles of die cuts and mats!
Off to the hairdressers this morning but I think I know what I'll be doing this afternoon!

An altered notebook to share today.


Cover was coated with several layers of gesso before being painted with no 6 aquatints. I then used various background stamps from Artistic Stampers, Bo Bunny and Visible Images inked with DI or Memento ink. Main image is from Indigo Blu along with the flowers in the top right hand corner and were a magazine freebie. Two sayings are from Visible Images along with the flower in the bottom left hand corner. I finished off with some white splats from my Premium Craft Brands set.


A picture with the protective front closed and one after the first coat of gesso as I forgot to take a before photo!! 
Challenges entered:
Frosted Designs Friday - mixed media
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
The Three Muses - shades of blue
Red Rubber Inspirationals - stay focussed on stamping
Not Just Cards - anything goes
Eclectic Ellapu - flowers
Altered Eclectics - anything goes
The Mirror Crack'd - the human form
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - anything goes/Halloween
All Crafts Challenge - anything but a card
Sweet Stampin - anything but a card

25 comments:

  1. oh love love this hun I adore that stamp I have that too,stunning my friend hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Carol I love the beautiful stamps. Happy die cutting! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a fabulous note book Carol. That cover looks gorgeous. I was die cutting yesterday as well. I needed to make a lot of roses and was wishing that I had ten of the same die so that I didn't have to go back and forth! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover for a notebook Carol, lovely images and colours, hugs Katex

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, love the sentiments and the stamped image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic creation Carol, I love the stamped image.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great project with pretty colors. Thanks for sharing your altered notebook and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Carol, you really are having fun with your gesso and inks at the moment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Carol is your project x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep trying to use all snippets Carol but they are like traffic cones they multiply in the night!! lol love your notebook..huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project, and yay for you getting some of the snippets handled in your clean space. Now I bet it's all messy again & I'd feel right at home. Love the techniques you've done on this cover, so very pretty & great images to highlight this journal. Thanks for showing the pictures step by step. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word Carol this is so beautiful, that image is one of my favourites love the colours you have used, excellent project.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab project,love the stamping and colour combo too...
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Carol
    Looks wonderful, you have certainly created a beautiful page with this image. Thankyou for joining us this month at the mirror crack'd.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great altered notebook! The colors are wonderful ! Thank you for joining my challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Lynda - DT Champion Red Rubber Designs

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful! I love it!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the way you've decorated your notebook cover. A complete transformation. Thanks for sharing this project with us at the mirror crack'd.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous transformation of the cover for this notebook. Love the colours and that is a great silhouette stamp. Thanks for joining us at The Mirror Crack'd.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your notebook is beautiful! Fabulous stamps, stamping and colour choice! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous alteration, love your stamping!!
    Thanks for joining us at Mirror Cracked challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great way to alter a notebook. Wonderful job. Thanks so much for playing at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that stamps, own them too. Lovely colour and stamping combo.

    Thank you for coming over and joining in with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful notebook. Great design!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin Anything But a Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great notebook!!! Super. Thanks for joining us over at The Mirror Crack'd! I hope you'll be back again for our new challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute notebook. Thanks for sharing your work with us at All Crafts Challenges.

    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x