Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 9 October 2014

Thanks So Much

Good morning all.

Well it looks like the band of rain which was being forecast yesterday is going to miss us here in SE Scotland and the weekend weather is looking quite good.

Had another play yesterday with the faux pearl technique. 


This time I experimented with a Spellbinders Grand Impressabilities, painting it with the acrylic paint before embossing it and I love how it turned out. After letting the paint dry I inked it with several distressed inks (shabby shutters, fired brick, ripe persimmon and spiced marmalade). The tree die is from Memory Box...if I'd had my brain in gear I'd have die cut the faux pearl so the black background showed through instead of cutting it in black and sticking it on! We live and learn lol! Sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.


Challenges entered:
Less is More - autumn's bounty
Always Something Creative - fall/halloween
Die Cut Divas - change of seasons
Creative Card Crew - black cardstock

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card Carol, the faux pearl technique looks beautiful. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Carol. I love that faux pearl effect, the colours are super and I think placing the die cut on top looks good too. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, lovely creation. Thanks for sharing and joining us at CWWC Challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Carol, your faux pearl background is gorgeous.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving all the faux pearl effects that I am seeing around blogworld. This is lovely and I think the card looks just as good with the tree cut out on top. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty is your card Carol the colour is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card carol, love the technique you've used here, need to have a go sometime. Not sure when sometime will happen, days seem to fly by and don't get much done lol! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background and loving the colours. A brilliant CAS card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful rich colours - great technique and lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol
    Fabulous card.... Love the background....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous colours lovely card Carol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Carol - love the colours on your make - this is brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These rich colors are wonderful with this pretty tree. Good idea to die cut it to let the black background peek through, but it sounds like me. I think of something afterwards. It's lovely the way you've done it. I just had a play with this technique (adapting some pearlized acrylic ink instead of the supplies I think most people are using with this technique.) It's really pretty & I'll be CASing this gorgeous card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning Carol. Your background is AMAZING, STRIKING and BEAUTIFUL! With the tree sat against it ... perfect.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've started me thinking about my acrylic paints and embossing folders. The card is gorgeous. WOW, stunning colors.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry that this is another late visit from me for this challenge.
    This is a simply stunning background! Super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a super card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew for our black cardstock challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! Simple and beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenges at Creative Card Crew.
    Hope to see you again
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x