Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 6 October 2014

Faux One Layer

Good morning all.

We had a lovely quiet weekend away (apart from the disco on Saturday night just under our window!!). As the weather wasn't too good on Saturday we went to the craft show...I deposited hubby in the cafe with a coffee and book and popped back with a few bags now and then! The show was fairly busy when we arrived although it petered out after lunch a little. Normally if I do a show I have a quick look around first before buying but this time I just bought as I went....I seem to have done quite a lot of buying!!


White card, 7" card blanks, modpodge, double sided tape, gems, a couple of dies, a small canvas, inks, mdf blanks, stamps, stencils, buttons, wooden shapes, gel pen, calender stubbs, sanding thingy and some spray paints.
Also had a sneaky little on line spend and bought some of the new aquatints!

After the show we had a wander around Harrogate before a nice meal in the hotel. Yesterday we had another wander around town before driving home. I had hoped to meet up with my cousin but it wasn't to be this time...I'll just have to go again!

Today's share is my take on a faux one layer card (although it's not a card!)...the tutorial I used can be found here. This is actually my second attempt...my first was disastrous!!


The sentiment stamp is from LOTV; background stamps from Bo Bunny and Artistic Stampers; inks are Archival and Distress.
I did make a boob and masked the base stamp at it's edge instead of leaving some showing to make another layer.

Challenges entered:
Fashionable Stamping - anything goes
Crafting at the Weekend - anything goes
Crafting by Designs - anything goes

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time in Harrogate Carol. Love your inking today, I must admit I don't have much idea at this but would love to have a go! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a fab shopping haul Carol......can't wait to see what you make with it all! Love your one layer card-that's-not-a-card, great background stamps & that sentiment is fab!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol....glad you got stuff at the show!....I always enjoy going to harrogate even though it was smaller this year still managed to spend loads myself!...
    now it's just playing withit all....love the card ..what boob it's great xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing hubby you have Carol.

    Fabulous one layer card with gorgeous colour tones.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant stash of goodies, loving the look of them. Lots of good makes coming I feel.
    Love your great card, the sentiment is really good
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely goodies you have bought and glad you had a good time. I love the faux one layer it looks fabulous. I love the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh that's a lot of goodies and your card Carol is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bit of crafty retail therapy never did anyone any harm, I say. glad you had fun at the show, I'm looking forward to the NEC at Birmingham next month. Hubby and I usually stay overnight at a Holiday Inn to spread the driving over two days so it's like a mini break for us. Great technique you have used here on your fab card, I will have to take a look at the tutorial.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you are going to have fun getting messy with your new stash Carol, your card is fabulous, great sentiment and I love the background you have created.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your new goodies!!! Fabulous "card" too Carol, great sentiment. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fabulous Carol! A different style of stamping and I love it. Gorgeous new stash looking forward to seeing how you use it Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Card! Thanks for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend! Angie-DT

    http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
    http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x