Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 19 October 2014

Christmas Card Club - "Christmas Reindeer"

Good morning all.

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday albeit a little windy. Hubby took Lora  off to Deep Sea World so I had a day to myself. Managed to get a couple of little cards made but spent several hours looking at plans for a property we're considering purchasing!

It's time once again for our fortnightly Christmas Card Club challenge and this time the theme was set by Rita who gave us "Christmas Reindeers".

I found the stamp I used when looking for something else...I'd completely forgotten I owned it!!



The stamp is called Snowy and Rudolph and is a Penny Johnson from Stampavie. I stamped it a couple of nights ago on a piece of waste card and left it lying on my desk to await colouring...when I glanced at it again later I decided it looked lovely uncoloured so I just coloured Rudolph's nose with promarkers to add a pop of colour and added glossy accents for some sheen. Sentiment was a magazine freebie. Image is adhered to the black card base with foam tape to give a little dimension.
All finished inside and another flat for posting.


Challenges entered:
CHNC - something forgotten or never used
Christmas Stampin All Year Round - use your imagination
Crafty Catz - black + one
Polka Doodles - Christmas fun
Country View Craft Challenges - sparkle and shine
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas/Halloween
Inky Chicks - Christmas
ABC Christmas - uncoloured image

38 comments:

  1. Hello Carol. Love your card. Never seen that stamp before, but it looks great. Enjoy your house hunting too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really loving all your CAS cards Carol. They really are terrific. And I think you were absolutely right in the way you coloured - or rather didn't colour - the image. It's just perfect. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely CAS card Carol, great idea to just colour Rudolph's nose - looks fab.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous Christmas card Carol, I love Rudolph's shiny red nose.
    Purchasing a new property sounds exciting!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab CAS make Carol, that image is gorgeous!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol
    Fabulous fun image... Gorgeous card....
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the simplicity of your card Carol, wonderful image and design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Carol, love the image and you always make gorgeous CAS cards.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just gorgeous i love it...I loved the penny Johnson stamps and have a few...wonderful card Carol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol this is so cute and so right just to add that bit of colour on his nose! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great. Sometime simple is the best. I love his shinny nose. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is stunning...love the clean and simpleness of this card. The nose is bright and cheery. Great job. Thanks for playing our Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!
    Leanne DT
    One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute as can be. Loved that you could leave it B&W, just adding the red nose. Very effective. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh this is lovely Carol - I really like the fact that there is just that tiny bit of red - this is really striking.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that image!? I love that you colored only the nose; it really stands out and adds just the right amount of interest to this great CAS card. Thanks for "using your imagination" and playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is fab Carol - I love that stamp - great CAS card! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this stamp! Such happy faces. I like that you have kept the layout fairly simple too. A great card! Kate P.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this stamp! Such happy faces. I like that you have kept the layout fairly simple too. A great card! Kate P.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great image. Really like that you only coloured the nose - would make it quick to make a few like this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Terrific card with a great image! Love the reindeer's nose! So glad you could join us at CSAYL this week. Good Luck!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous creation and love the images sure is a picture to admire.x
    luv aNNie xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carol what a wonderful CAS card, love the image and it looks great with just the big red shiny nose! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card Carol love the snowman thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
    Hugs Dianne x DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super , super cute :-))...I love Rudolph's red nose.Thank you for sharing your wonderful project at Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. Good luck . Neva

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a cute and fun image. You were right to leave it with just Rudolph's nose coloured. Such a fun pop of colour it is!!!

    Great card Carol and sorry I have been so long in between visits. Should finish the sorting out today and then will have a 2 month lull before I have to start packing! Look forward to dropping by more often now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute. Love Rudolph's shiny, red nose. Thanks so much for sharing at CASYL.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a gorgeous card Carol - leaving it black and white other than his nose is fabulous and it looks not only cute but really elegant too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card! Your card fits perfectly in with the recent challenge of Christmas Fun at Polkadoodles Challenge, thanks for joining in the fun with us! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh what a cute image, Carol - love it - a perfect card for Rita's CCC challenge and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge 199 (could also enter for CHNC extra for October - would love to see it there too) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my word Carol I am so in love with that fantastic, sweet, gorgeous, cute image what a beauty it is I love this so much.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  31. How sweet!!! Love just the touch of red on Rudy's nose. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  32. I totally agree with you, leaving the image uncoloured except for Rudolph's nose is fabulous. A gorgeous CAS card. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super cute card! love how the red nose pops! Thanks for sharing it at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along with us at CSAYL Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love this Carol, it's perfect in black and white with the pop of red!
    Thank you so much for joining in with our Sparkle and Shine challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aaaaaw! What a cute reindeer, Carol!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x