Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 12 October 2014

Splat!

Good morning all.

We had a gorgeous day here yesterday, albeit a little chilly...the forecast is good today too.
Didn't bother going shopping, did an online shop which will be delivered today and made a pastry free quiche with chips and beans for tea. Road tested the new iron while tea was cooking, it does feel a might heavy and clumpy compared to my old one but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Not sure it was a good idea to change the vacuum and iron at the same time though, my back is now killing me!

Got to have a play yesterday and decided to attempt the dreaded one layer card for "Less is More".


One simple design, two stamps and two DI inks....what could go wrong!!!
Lets just say this is attempt seven and even this one has a bent sentiment - two of the failed attempts are inside this card and four adorn the other half of the A4 sheet I started out with (waste not, want not!!)....so I will have to chop it up and layer it if I want to use it lol! 
Circle splatter stamp is from Bo Bunny, stamped in Black Soot DI and coloured with Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. Sentiment stamp is from Imagination.

After a lie down in a dark room I spent the evening quietly colouring.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - use two 
Alphabet Challenge - R for round/rectangle
That's Crafty - keep it simple
Paper Pretties Wednesday - clean and simple
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes

20 comments:

  1. A fabulous CAS card Carol. I know what you mean about the number of failed attempts being hidden in the card! You are better than me, I bought a new iron a month ago and still haven't had it out of the box! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is brilliant hun great design so effective,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and graphic and fun, Carol ... such great colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant card Carol superb CAS card.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Carol, thank you for your comments, i´m glad to see you.
    Very original design and very frustrating, i think ;), when i finshed my card I thought...an embossing frame it was a very good idea! but I was mistaken, i calculate worng the lines and my card is in the rubbish and this morning i start again the card aaagggg!.
    Great work Carol, hugs from Palma and have a nice week

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant Carol, loving the colour combination and Less is More certainly works on this love it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a super card Carol, and I do like your colours, simple but effective, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabby design, love the bold circles.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think the sentiment looks great with the main image! We all have those kind of days lol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great composition Carol! super job.
    Thank you very much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol this is fabulous it has an abstract art look to it, I like it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous card Carol, I love your 'splats'. I really struggle with one layer cards and often hide the mistakes on the inside as well!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh love this Carol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol this is so stylish, jumped out at me from the thumbnails, love it! One layer can be very unforgiving sometimes, hope you feel better after the lie down lol!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our one layer challenge
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol this is wonderful, brilliant design. I have just done two CAS cards today and I must say they take more planning and time than other cards!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your two coloured splats !! Great idea for the OLC !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous CAS design Carol, I love the circles! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great one layer idea and fantastic challenge combo
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x