Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 2 February 2015

Winter Jornalling

Good morning all.

Many thanks to all who have visited over the weekend and left such lovely comments, I do appreciate them all.

A quiet day yesterday...more washing and some much needed ironing!

Sharing one of the projects I managed to do on Saturday. One of my goals this year was to do some journalling...here is one of my first attempts.


I started by gluing some torn book pages and backing paper to the pages. Pages were then roughly gessoed then I've stencilled with embossing paste using a snowflake stencil from Joanna Sheen and a snowflower one from Sweet Stamps. I used glitter bead gel with a stencil from Clarity stamps which didn't work as planned....but what the heck! Punch waste snowflakes were used across the pages.


Pages were then washed with aquatints with a darker ink being used over the embossing paste. Stamps from Clearly Besotted, Personal Impressions, Paper Smooches, Premium Craft Brands and Stamping All Day were stamped with Memento ink.


Winter was computer generated and printed onto tissue paper. Snowflakes were leftovers from a previous project and were lying in my bit box.


Challenges entered:
Unruly Paperarts - inspire your heart with art day

17 comments:

  1. One of my revolutions for this year was to make a start on my journal. Your pages look stunning Carol. Love them. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal pages Carol, such pretty colours and lovely winter theme - you certainly are having fun and being so creative at the moment.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages Carol, Love the shades of frosty blue, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal page Carol, love the Winter theme and the snowflakes look fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep promising I will do more journalling but I never seem to find the time.
    Great winter pages Carol, love your tones of blue.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely, Carol! I love journals, and I'm impressed with the colors and the layers here. So glad I came by! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love your journal art and the blues are so striking.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have captured the feel of winter perfectly. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol I always admire crafters who do this type of project it always looks like a work of art, the detail is amazing, a wonderful creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous journal page, Carol!! love the texture and lovely blue.
    Thank you for joining the fun at UPA Inspire your heart...link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. l think this Carol is amazing love the colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you must have had such a fun time cutting, pasting and putting this whole creation together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice journal page.........love the use of stencils for making textured snowflakes.
    Barbara Bird / Gecko Galz DT
    mdstrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful Carol - looks like we both have the same need to journal x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol each year I have a similar goal to journal more........and seeing your post here today inspires me to want and do so right now.......I love the winter feel of your page, there is something magical about the color blue and snowflakes........and I am so pleased you were able to join us at Unruly PaperArts for our Inspire Your Heart with Art Day Event. Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous and oh so beautiful! Love it, love the colours and the snowflakes and the mistakes - glorious work! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x