Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Happy Birthday to You

Good morning all.

Yesterday was perishing but we had glorious sunshine all day. The days are certainly lengthening again...it's still daylight here after 5pm. Spring must be on the way!

We've got parent's evening tonight...I really mustn't forget to go! It may be our last one as Lora is talking about going to college next year instead of 6th form.

It's theme week at LIM and we're being asked to show things with wings, here's my offering:


The mini stamp is a freebie from Craft Stamper magazine, stamped in versamark and heat embossed with detail white EP then die cut with a scalloped nestie. I then used DIs to colour....squeezed lemonade and spiced marmalade. The mesh die is from Couture Creations. Sentiment die is from Words with Honey, stamped onto a Spellbinders pennant die. Stitched rectangle die is from Spellbinders. Gold cord and sequin are from my stash. The blue dots in the background are punch waste.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - things with wings
CASology - mini
 
ShowCASe your Style - birthdays
Shopping our Stash - out of a jar
 (embossing powder..I think this jar is going to last forever, it's still nearly full after several year's use!)

21 comments:

  1. Great design Carol and lovely happy colours - I just love that happy birthday stamp! Hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colours and your little freebie bird is so cute. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little stamp .... great colours too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this funky little card Carol, your CAS designs are so great.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design Carol. Showers for us today, but certainly not as cold. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Carol, I love the image and fabulous design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant Carol, great design and colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card, striking image and loving those colours and how you've used them Carol. A fabulous challenge combo card.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! It has been very cold here too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The white embossing looks super against the perfectly shaded orange and yellow. Thanks for joining in our color challenge at CC&S! I hope you'll come back soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous CAS style card Carol love that corner design and the sentiment, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty Carol, less is definitely more in this case. Love it.
    The navy with spots works so well with the orange and lemon.
    I hope you enjoyed your flapjack too?

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pretty this Carol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great card Carol - brilliant make xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great Carol, super collage effect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab freebie stamp Carol and super card!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol, I love your color choices and the pretty white embossing...so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That little birdie image is adorable and I love the way you inked it! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great freebie from Craft Stamper - will have to check and see if I got that one! Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week Carol. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x