Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 16 February 2015

Guest Designer STAMPlorations sketch #28

Good afternoon all.

As my card was a top pick in sketch challenge #25 the lovely Shery from STAMPlorations emailed and offered me the opportunity to guest design today...of course I very quickly said yes!



I'm very new to Shery's stamps having found and joined the stamp club in December but so far the service has been second to none and delivery is very quick considering it's crossing the pond!

Here is my card:


Base card is old gold pearlised card stock, the white layer has been paper pricked down the edges with a ruler (first time I've used it for what it was bought for!) and attached with foam tape. 
I've used stamps from the Bloom Sketches set. I've stamped and heat embossed (with white detail EP) the flower three times, coloured with distress ink pens then layered it up. I think this is probably the first time I've actually coloured with these pens and I've had them since they were new out! Perhaps I'll get them out to play again soon. The sentiment was also part of the stamp set.
Card was simply finished with some gems.


You don't need to use Stamploration products to enter, although they love it when you do. Pop over to the shop blog for more details of this challenge and the monthly challenge and of course to see the inspiration from the Design Team.

Challenges entered:
AAA - orange u r CAS
Penny Black and more - anything goes
Scribble and Scrap - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - anything goes
Sweet Stampin - inspired by a song (you are my sunshine)

29 comments:

  1. I just love how classy and stunning this card is in its simplicity, Carol! The pierced edges on the white cardstock give the card that extra oomph. I'm so thrilled to have you over at STAMPlorations sharing your talents! Thank you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, don't you just love those daisy stamps.
    So pleased you are our GD this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your LIS card Carol. Congratulations on your guest design card. x

    Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Guest Design spot Carol, your card is gorgeous, such an elegant design and great colour choices.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warm earthly colors with a little bling, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on all your beautiful cards you have made since I've been unwell Carol all of them gorgeous as always huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GDT Carol and what a beautiful CAS style card this is, I love that wonderful flower and those little gems, looks fantastic.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderfully simple and simply wonderful. love it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful CAS card, I love the elegant simplicity.

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. An elegantly simple card and design Carol, love the colour.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous CAS card! Love the stamp and colour choice! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Co grays on your STAMPLORATIONS GIG and thanks for playing in at AAA with a fun card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations and amazing card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card was one of my favorites! It's so fresh and vibrant! I'm so glad you got to guest with us over at STAMPlorations because you are one talented gal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your clean design! Great take on the sketch! So pleased to have you as STAMPlorations GD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carol I am so loving your CAS cards of late, this is gorgeous.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous CAS card Carol! You have done a great job with the colouring using your DMs I too have the full set and only used them once for colouring! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really super work Carol and so pleased you shared it with us at Stamping Sensation challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Carol you will do them proud your card is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on being Guest Designer, very well deserved Carol. Fabulous CAS card with such pretty colours. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't go wrong with a yellow bloom! Thanks for Guesting with us at STAMPlorations:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Classy and elegant card, love the flower and the sentiment

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so very lovely, and such a fab song too! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aaaah super and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sweet card and such a great layout! Thanks for joining in with AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous! I really love the insert inside also - i can see the edge just peeking out. Clearly someone who takes pride and time in your card designing :0)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x