Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Making Moments Matter

Good morning all.

Making a little bit of headway with my journal and finally managed to do the front pages.


After painting the pages with gesso I stuck a few strips of torn paper and some washi tape on the right hand side. Textured paste was used on the sunrise stencil from Splodgeaway, after drying I coated both pages with gesso again. I used DI to ink the pages (tumbled glass and squeezed lemonade). Background stamps are from various sets and stamped with either peacock feathers DI or black archival ink. The three main sentiments are from Unity Stamps and have been stamped onto tissue paper. Celebrate is a die from Couture Creations. Numbers and hash are from Jellibean.


Under the numbers I've added some tissue printed with some Happy New Year music.


Challenges entered:
Unity Stamps - colour inspiration
Frosted Designs - get messy x 2
Our Creative Corner - tic tac toe (paints, stamps and stencils)
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Sweet Stamps - anything but a card
Simon Says Wednesday - add a little texture
Craft Stamper - take it make it stencils

22 comments:

  1. I just love how you have used the sunshine stencil Carol...your journal is looking joyful...bright and cheerful....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal pages Carol, your stenciled sun is fabulous and you have chosen lovely sentiments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages look fabulous Carol. I love the colours and wonderful textures.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Carol, lovely pages here. Looking back over your posts you have been very busy too. I have been hibernating in my room trying to get ahead, don't know if I have managed that yet but I can't seem to find enough time to create, blog, comment, DT work and fit housework in all at the same time - got any tips?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful pages. I just love that sunburnt Carol. I have that one but have never used it. Need to make a start on mine. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic pages, love what you are doing with them.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal pages ..... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fabulous Carol and loving the textures and design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pages are fabulous Carol great textures and gorgeous colours! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pages look fantastic !! Great work !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, love your journalling, great textures and colour combo. I am looking forwards to seeing the rest.
    Crafty hugs,

    Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carol this is looking really good x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab journal pages, Carol! I love the soft blue and yellow colour scheme. Thanks so much for playing at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning journal page Carol, a fabulous design and colour scheme.........great techniques and gorgeous details!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is definitely a cor Carol! That is fabulous! Love the colours, love the texture - and you've reminded me that I've got Washi tape that I've been meaning to use - love everything about it Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sweetie, I am loving this creation, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love this!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Love the colours. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Carol! Thank you sooo much for entering your wonderful art journal pages into the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at Our Creative Corner!! Love the colors and that textured sunshine!! You just have to smile when you see those pages!! Fabulous use of your Paint-Stamp-Stencil move! Hope to see you again!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing these wonderful journal pages with us at Sweet Stamps this week, Carol! Such lovely sentiments and how fun that you chose to add a hash tag to accent your 2015, perfect for the hash tag craze. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great art journal pages which show lots of creative thoughts and techniques. Thanks for joining my Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x