Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Christmas Snowflake

Good morning all.

We had a gorgeous day yesterday...I believe it was a tad chilly but I didn't venture over the doorstep to find out! No snow for us I think we've been bypassed again.

I spent the day drowning in ribbons...if I use a yard on each card I make for the rest of my life I won't get through all the supply!!! I can see the craft room floor now so should be able to take some pictures later today or tomorrow. A trip out grocery shopping on the cards today...the natives are starting to revolt again...wish we didn't have to eat!

A simple Christmas card to share today....and not a ribbon in sight lol.


Using the Muse card as inspiration and the song Snowflake by Jim Reeves (Mum was a big fan and I remember this when I was young...very young!), I die cut the largest of a nestabilities snowflake set from the front layer of my card. The rest of the snowflake dies were layered up and popped up inside the cut out. Sentiment is a freebie die from Tattered Lace and I've cut it 3 times to make it stand out. Card is finished with a blue gem.

Challenges entered:
CAS on Sunday - Christmas
The Christmas Challenge - non traditional colours
CHNC - inspired by a Christmas song or Carol
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes
Fairy Tale - snow
Frosted Designs Friday - white as a snowflake
City Crafter Challenge - winter white
Die Cuttin Divas - picture challenge
{Pin}spirational Challenge - snowflake image
Top Tip Tuesday - keep it simple
Deep Ocean - winter dreams

34 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carol, your design is so beautiful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Carol, a stunning WOW design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation, gorgeous design and love the wow colour combos. xxx {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous White on white card Carol - love the design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeee this!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Such a lovely take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for our Glory of Christmas challenge, Carol, and thanks too for sharing for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Carol, vey elegant.
    I love what you have done with the Snowflake.
    Oh! ribbon, yes! I am the same BUT still can't help buying if I see nice ribbon.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love this Carol, gorgeous design and beautiful snowflake.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect! I'm going to YouTube for Jim Reeves' song now... thank you for sharing with us at Muse!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful CAS card Carol. That embossing looks superb. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous wow card beautiful snowflake
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Card Looks so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge .
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous - love the frosty white colour scheme! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Carol, great design , might try it with some other dies x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and so cute. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. I have seen numerous cut out snowflake card designs, but this is my favorite by far. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card Carol, love the snowflake. I must confess to being partial to a Jim Reeves tune too, not to mention Gene Pitney! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. GORGEOUS!!!! I like your card soooo much, Carol. :-D
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight.
    Milka GD

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a gorgeous card love it. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card!!! I love the white on white! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty and elegant is your card Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You nailed our challenge and I am in awe of that snowflake. Less is definitely more. And I love it. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely gorgeous card Carol that snowflake looks magnificent.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a wonderfull card! It´s so pritty and really elegant like a real snowflake! Thank you for joining our "Snow" challenge at Fairy Tales. Bianca XX

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty! I always find white on white so difficult, but you are obviously a master!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love a white on white card, and you have put together a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely stunning!

    Thank you for participating in the {PIN}Spirational Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a BEAUTIFUL snowflake! Your card is perfect!

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Look forward to seeing you in our next challenge!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is beautiful - so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x