Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 12 February 2015

Happy Birthday

Good morning all.

Managed to fit some crafting in yesterday, my mojo still wasn't working with the die cuts left out from Tuesday so I changed tack and got another of my new dies out and made a card that does exactly what it says on the tin!


The background die is from Poppy Stamps. I've cut the die from a snippet of thin white card cut to A2 size. I then attached double sided stickly tape to the back of the piece and inlaid some of the words which I'd cut from some snippets of cerise pink  pearlised card. The rest of the words were then filled with silver glitter (note to self please use the static duster thing first next time!). Both me and the craft room are sparkling like Christmas fairies now! I backed the piece with another snippet of thin white card and mounted to the grey card base with foam tape.
I was going to add some bling but decided it had enough sparkle already.

This is going to be a go to die...I love the result and of course you end up with lots of useful die cut sentiments ready for another card.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - pink and grey
Crafty Gals Corner - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Sparkle and Sprinkle - anything goes with loose glitter, EP or flock

30 comments:

  1. Fab die and fab card and I don't know I think there's definitely some mojo in there! It'll be back soon for sure. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Carol, I think I'm going to break my resolve and buy that die, the more I see it, the more I NEED it! The pink and grey combination is fabulous along with all of the sparkle - a brilliant make.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol
    Lovely Die... Fabulous card....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Carol how brilliant. Love the sparkle and the pink! Looks like a fab die as you say you can use the cut out words on another card! May have to go on my wish list!! Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol that's a great die....and the colours look good together....me thinks a perfect die for those difficult men cards....mummm.....hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Carol that's brilliant card that says exactly what you want it to say.
    Off to have look at Die.
    Have a good day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and classy Carol, loving all that sparkle
    Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge this week
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really lovely Carol great die and love the different coloured lettering, super make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi carol
    just a wonderful birthday card!!

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wordy cards and the inlays are fab Carol! Thanks for the heads up on imagination crafts challenge:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love the color combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, a really effective design and I love the colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely loving this Birthday Word Art with the sparkling touches.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this card Carol, love the different fonts.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Carol, I love that die and all the sparkliness too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, Carol, and great use of dies. I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, so simple and stunning at the same time! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Challenge of Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one classic looking card. Love the pink and the grey sparkle. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely Carol is your card and wordart xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. brilliant - wonderful make Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Carol I think this amazing !! Fab die x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Carol, great card and a great die. Love the touch of sparkle. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment, appreciate it!
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Carol, oh I love this die, I'm sure you'll get loads of use out of it. I think your correct too, it looks fab and sparkly just as it is, perfect.
    I hope you manage your Valentine treat too, lots of yummy puds, not all chocolate.

    Have a great weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is great Carol, quite time consuming too!
    Love the twinkle!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love this type of card, it really says it all! Love all the sparkle. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card. Beautiful colour combo.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful card and one of my favorite dies to use glitter with. So glad you shared it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  28. OH! THis is lovely!
    Thanks for playing along at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is beautiful. Pink and gray are fabulous together. Thank you for sharing your stunning card with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x