Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 27 August 2011

Take 3 - take 2

If you see what I mean lol.

Thought you might like to see a set of my new drawers

I caught hubby purloining them earlier to use as a filing cabinet, my did he get an ear bashing - then he tried the "if you loved me" line - no dear that one won't work either, if you want some buy your bl**dy own!!!

Five second warning.................all those with an acetate phobia please turn away now!!


Discovered eldest is off to a wedding do tonight and guess who gave away her wedding card stock yesterday............that would be me lol.
Using my favourite wedding stamp from Heart Art Studios I've stamped onto acetate with versamark and heat embossed with silver detail embossing powder, this has been layered onto white pearlised card and secured with red eyelets then layered onto red and silver mirri card. Base card is about 8 x 8 square, I've layered up silver mirri and more white pearl card and embossed a spellbinders heart top right, tied a white ribbon around, added a charm and some pearls.
I really wanted something red to pop the bow but couldn't find anything.........then I had a bright light moment and decided to colour the heart on this charm with a promarker....et voila!


This one covers:
Week 9 - a touch of red
Week 11 - acetate
Week 12 - off centre
Week 15 embossing
Week 25 ribbon

Challenges entered:
Less is More - take 3
Shopping our Stash - red, roses, ribbon (think you'll find all 3)
Fresh Brewed - emboss it
Aud Sentiments - anything goes
Lia Stampz - add a charm

Carol x



23 comments:

  1. This is lovely Carol, I love the touch of red... that little charm looks fab on that gorgeous ribbon!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAbulous card Carol, made in super quick time to
    Love the coloured charm, that;s a beautifully tied bow!

    Thank you very much
    Mandi Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carol, what a stunning card, so elegant and I love the red heart -brilliand idea to colour it with a promarker. Your new drawers look great but it looks like you're going to need to keep them under lock and key lol
    have a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning absolutely gorgeous, never embossed on acetate must give this a go as it looks amazing
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wedding card, the ribbon and the embossing ar e lovely. I didn't know you could heat emboss onto acetate, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wedding card Carol, and l love your storage draws they remind me of what my daughter has in her shop and l have my eye on them as she is renewing all units fantastic for storage:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Carol xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Love the pop of red! Thanks for joinin g us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super cards Carol. Great embossing in this one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING! Your embossing is flawless! I love the little charm and that gorgeous ribbon!
    Thank you for joining us at
    FRESHLY BREWED CHALLENGES!
    Hugs,
    Stacy D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card and I love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We do have to keep an eye on those husbands don't we. Lovely card Carol so elegant.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. How romantic! I love that charm! And your embossing looks amazing! :) I am sure it was much appreciated at the wedding.

    Thanks for playing with us for our very first challenge and we hope to see you again!

    Hugs,
    Laura
    Lia Stampz DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carol! This is a gorgeous and elegant Wedding card! Simply Stunning! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our "Emboss It" challenge!
    Hugs, Sheryl
    http://butterflykisscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GORGEOUS card!!! It is so elegant! I love the silver embossing on the white, and the charm you added is PERFECT! Thanks for joining us at LiaStampz for our first challenge!

    ~Ashley
    LiaStampz DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super elegant and beautiful embossing. Thanks for playing this week at Lia Stampz!

    Cely
    Lia Stampz DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, really pretty!! Thanks for playing.

    Hugs,
    Heather
    DT Lia Stampz

    ReplyDelete
  18. laughing at you and your hubbys conversation :D

    This card is beautiful! I love the embossed image. PERFECT!!!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges Emboss it challenge.

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Carol. I don`t have an acetate phobia, just don`t ask me to use it lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful wedding card - love how you covered all 3 elements of our challenge!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just why I got rid of my husband, pmsl.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x