Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Nursery Rhymes

Well eldest arrived home from his road trip this afternoon, he wasn't away for as long as we expected but has enjoyed the experience. In four days they managed to fit in Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Eilean Donan Castle,  Loch Ness and then they climbed Ben Nevis yesterday. He's fallen in love with the Highland scenery the same as the rest of us have, and is planning another trip to the islands as soon as they can afford it.

On to cards - I put together the layout for this card in publisher last night and finished it off this afternoon.


The image and backing paper are from Joanna Sheen's Messy Rabbit CD and the tickets were done in publisher. Card is finished with some pearls and stickles.
Tip - use a graphics package to create your card layouts using digital images and backing papers. Saves on ink, paper and postage.

Challenges entered:
CD Sunday - nursery rhymes
Cards for Men - anything goes (well more little boy!)
Sparkle Creations - primary colours
Lollipop Crafts - masculine
Sparkles Forum - one for the boys
Designed 2 Delight - anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - flags, tickets or tags
Top Tip Tuesday - masculine

Carol x



25 comments:

  1. Oh that is brilliant Carol. What a great way to use the 'tickets'. Thanks for joining us again this week at CD Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely card Carol. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Carol and good to use Publisher for your layout. Love the tickets. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one Carol and I am so enjoying the different nursery rhymes that I had totally forgotten about! Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol oh wow what a fabulous image your card is beautiful as always great colouring and great background too:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol. What a great card. I had forgotten about Messy Rabbit.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at SFC this time hope you will join us again, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well next time there's a trip planned, I only need 2 days notice and I can clear my schedule ! LOL Would love to see those places besides just on a postcard. ANYWAY...
    Your card is adorable and I do appreciate your tip very much. Any help in saving ink and paper is a friend of mine.
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Masculine" challenge.
    Good luck to you...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute this is! love the little tickets on the side:-)Thank you for joining us at C4E
    Michele S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, the image is very cute! Thanks for taking part in the SFC and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great tip and a super card, one of my grandson favourite rhymes. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its just gorgeous Hazel. Love the little ticket sentiments. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not at all sure if I called your Hazel instead of Carol, if I did please forgive me carol, woman under pressure here lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Carol, love messy rabbit, Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it !!! So sweet !!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week !!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice card! cute image and colors. TFS at Lollipop Crafts.
    Zulma DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a fab card Carol, I love it.

    I love the highlands, my BIL lives in Inverness, stunning scenery.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card - Love the image.

    Fab tip too - thanks :)

    Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Masculine Challenge.
    Have you made a note on your calendar so as you don't miss our Birthday Bash week after next? £100's of prizes!!!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this card, such a cute image with great little additional image in the corner. Thanks for joining in with our masculine challenge this week at Top Tip Tuesday. Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is so sweet. love it.

    Thanks for playing with us at C4E this week, hope you join us next time too

    my little scrappingcorner
    DT Craft 4 Eternity

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so cute... Love you darling image. Thanks for joining us at Card for Men. I love seeing your creations. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugz, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute newborn babyboy card. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday this week and good luck. Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super job on this card Carol, I've never seen the image but just love it! Your coloring is just wonderful and the design is lovely as well! Thank you so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Masculine challenge! I hope you join us again tomorrow as well.
    Hugs and Good Luck!
    Tammy Louise

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x