Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Getting inky

Apologies for being awol  last week but we took a last minute break down to Lincolnshire and although I took some crafty bits with me they remained largely untouched for the week! So a belated thanks to everyone who left me birthday wishes the week before, I was very spoilt on the day - loads of cards, lovely pressies and a champagne afternoon tea at a posh hotel :)
This week at Less is More we have to produce a OLC using ink - I'm with Mandi on this one - I don't do messy and have never applied ink direct to a card before unless attached to a stamp! Here is my attempt:


I masked off the corner using the waste from a scalloped nestie cut out and used three ink pads from a Colour Box palette. Using stamps from Words with Honey I then stamped the dandelion, butterfly and sentiment in black versafine ink. I probably should have used smooth card for this but I do like the textured effect in real life.

Challenges entered:
Less is More - use ink
Challenge up your Life - no backing papers
Delightful Challenges - things with wings
Rainbow Lady - stamp it

Carol x

27 comments:

  1. This is lovely Carol, a great card. Glad you enjoyed your birthday, sorry I missed it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and the texture shows up beautifully in the photo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, to say this is your 1st attempt you did a brilliant job its stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and soft colors...great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's absolutely gorgeous Carol, love it.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours in your inking Carol! Far from looking as though you 'don't do ink' this card is great!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and I like the textured card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a fabulous effect - love the linen card
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your chosen colours and the textured card. It gives the effect of canvas. A fitting base for a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Carol, love the inked area
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Carol. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card!!! I love the simplicity of it. It really shows off the image and it really does look like a canvas painting/

    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges CAS challenge

    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the textured look! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carol

    I am pleased you had a lovely time away .. .. breaks always seem extra special when they are last minute surprises.

    Your finished card looks gorgoes. Me and one layer cards just never meet .. .. but you have done a brilliant job! Great colours.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol, Glad you've had a good time:0) Love your card, pretty colours and just right for this really inky challenge, Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sehr edel, weniger ist mehr.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei CUYL.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh me likey lots... you should do more of these. Thanks for playing again
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks fabulous Carol.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, just love the simplicity of it, fab!

    Thank you for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card!! Lovely colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card. I love how the cardstock give the ink texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Carol
    Glad to see you back, sorry your broke down

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  23. The texture effect of stamping on the linen paper is great, I think your misty colours are super and give a lovely atmosphere to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really pretty, Carol. Love those colors. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  25. The texture of your card just adds to the scene, it's lovely. x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x