Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 20 August 2011

Something New

Good evening all, hope you've enjoyed your day and had lovely weather like we have. Unfortunately I had some dreaded housework to do so didn't get much time to get out and enjoy the sunshine. 
Yesterday we had to go visit FIL and hubby suggested we eat at a farmshop enroute - I didn't need asking twice after all they have a craft department (guess hubby forgot this minor detail lol). Managed to treat myself to some new stamps (those girls at Bah! Humbug! made me do it), a distress ink pad and some glitter spray. Got one set of stamps out to play today and after seven failed attempts at stamping a decent image I stopped being frugal and mounted the set onto easy mount et voila I ended up with this:


Stamp is from Creative Expressions and has been stamped with onyx black versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder then mounted onto a black mat. Used black and white stardream to cut out the snowflake die, layered it up and mounted it onto a springy thing (so it moves) and attached to the gingham ribbon.

Coming from a family of male "Toon" supporters I don't think it'll be hard to choose a recipient for this card.

Challenges entered:
Bah! Humbug! - something new
Less is More - things that move (snowflake)
Winter Wonderland - cards for men/boys
Christmas Stampin - non traditional colours
CHNC - anything goes

Many thanks for all the lovely comments you leave, I do read and appreciate them all.

Carol x


28 comments:

  1. It looks great Carol.. just terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL isn't it funny how the men in our lives forget the minor details. This is a fabulous card Carol - love the look of this - simple but stunning. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol, B&W is so elegant xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Fab stamp and love the black & white theme :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol, and l love Black&White lovely combination:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, stylish card, Carol - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 34 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design. Very classy. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely classic card Carol.
    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Strikingly good with excellent crisp contrast. Love it and fantastic for toon followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely AND another Christmas card done! I've temporarily mis placed my springy thingy's!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super striking card Carol
    Love it!

    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is one gorgeous card just love that stamp hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful winterwonderland card

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab stamp Carol, such an elegant card.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol
    gorgeous creation and a perfect card for the man in your life, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Carol - really classy and elegant
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very stylish card!!!,

    grts,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, very classy card. Thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland. I have some mega candy on offer. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and another Christmas card done.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very elegant and how clever to make the snowflake your moving thing - literally as well as in real life!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! Thanks so much for joining in our NO red NO green challenge over at Christmas Stampin All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Always happy to enable. LOL this is really stunning in the black and white. Thanks for joining the Humbuggers this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness so many entries at the Hall this week - didn't we just know that our followers would love the theme of something new. Hope your husband isn't after us.
    My goodness this card is just lovely - glad the EZ mount worked for you. Worth the effort of putting it on - great card.
    Thanks for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful tree image...and the card turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the monochromatic scheme with these stamps so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hola Carol, what beautiful CAS card for christmas, i love black and white combination, very elegant.well done.
    a hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. I love the simplicity of this wonderful scene.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x