Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 18 August 2011

Getting Inky

Our kids returned to school today so typically the weather was gorgeous so hubby and I went for a three and a half hour walk with the dog, we ended up at the beach.......the sun was shining, there was a lovely warm breeze and miles and miles of empty golden sands.......we could have been anywhere in the world!
Tonight I got messy in the craft room - think I need a pair of overalls for doing this messy stuff, I'm covered in ink and everything I touch is covered too   - me no like this much mess lol
Anyway decided to have a play and created a couple more cards for the Less is More challenge.


I masked off the card and sponged with distress ink in tea dye and spun sugar then stamped the cute little owls (treated myself on holiday) and sentiment in versafine ink. The sentiment was due to go in the distressed box too but my tiny thank you stamp has disappeared off the face of the earth!


The rose was stamped in versafine then I re-stamped on waste paper and masked the card and stamped over the top with a Happy Birthday stamp using the spun sugar distress ink which was still lying on my desk. In hindsight I should have used something else much stronger but hey this was my first attempt :) I then used promarkers to highlight the rose petals and leaves.

Carol x

14 comments:

  1. Two perfect CAS challenge cards. Love both of your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea.. I Love the cute little owl. :) so fun! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely Carol,
    The schools in your area are back early aren't they? I don't remember ever returning to school in August (apart from getting ready for the new term)!
    Maybe next week you won't have to get so messy... who knows!!!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh just love these hun they are stunning lim, cards hugs cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely CAS cards Carol - I love those owls. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carol these are beautiful! great techniques used so stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super cards - love those owls!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, both of them. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was well worth the mess Carol, they are both beautiful.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both of these Carol.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great cards - my favourite is the owl card - cute image! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards Carol
    Love the subtlety of the rose one
    Thanks so much
    Mandi
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two great cards but i am loving the owls and the DI colours. Beautiful:-)

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x