Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 26 August 2011

Faux Postage

Well I spent a wonderful afternoon with the lovely Kym, her hubby Paul, son Stephen and friend Marjorie today. We met at a farm shop/cafe and partook of some lovely tea and cakes and managed to chat for about three hours - I thought they were going to add rent to the bill lol.

I managed to make this when I got home:


I won this postcard stamp from Crafty Sentiments recently and inked it up for the first time today then used TH tea dye distress ink to age it. The decoupage is from Paper Nation and the map of the world BP is from Costco both have been in my stash for an age. Card is finished with some crochet wool tied at the bottom which I inherited from my Nana. So a great mix of old and new here.

Challenges entered:
Rainbow Lady - faux postage
Glitter Geeks - all around the world
Just add Ink - something from your stash
The Poodles Parlour - anything goes
The Stamp Man - travel
The Paper Variety - travel/transportation
Cards for Men - anything goes

Carol x


24 comments:

  1. This is a great card Carol, I love the paper nation range and your layout and use of the postcard stamp is fab. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful card you did a splendid job on it. I love it. Where did you get the man and woman from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Carol, I love the backing paper it complements the image perfectly.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, it's a decoupage by Paper Nation which I bought from QVC ages and ages ago. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Carol, love the post card l got one today don't get them these days!! great images which are nicely placed just in front of the post card and those extra pair of boots and colouring are fab:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! Love the images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol

    Loving the vintage feel to this one.

    Such a great couple and love the postcard background.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely seasonal card, Carol. Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card Carol - glad I am testing you. lol Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week and good luck. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol,
    Absolutely Fabulous creation!!! Love the cute decoupage, the dp, the colour scheme is fab. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Glitter Geeks and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card for someone who loves to walk, the colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge and I hope you will join us again for the next one. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Carol i have used this decoupage before so nice to see it again, it works so well with your postcard stamp which I think is great.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card - lovely image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great card hun! Thanks for joining in with our Text Me Challenge over at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of the postcard image! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you layered the carolers on the postcard... great card. Thanks for "traveling" with The Paper Variety this week! :)
    -Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Carol, love that decoupage image and it's perfect for this challenge. Thanks for 'travelling' along with us at TPV this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable! Love that cute hiker couple! Thanks for playing with us this week over at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The postcard stamp is super. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous! Love those Paper Nation hikers! Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is adorable. I remember once using that couple on my in-laws anniversary card. They like hiking and stuff. I love the backing paper you used and the string.
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and God luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x