Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 4 August 2012

Good News

After a lovely three weeks away I'm finally home! It took a while to get through the mail yesterday which included about 40 birthday cards for me! My MRI scan results finally arrived too and this was good news - no evidence of residual or recurrent meningioma  reported. This means that the base of the tumour which had to be left when they operated has disappeared over the last year so I'm one happy, relieved bunny now :)

The lads are still progressing well and had arrived in Almaty, Kazakhstan yesterday where they treated themselves to a night out! They now need to head north back into Russia before crossing into Mongolia. The first team appears to have reached the finish on Tuesday but they took a very short route as presumably they were working to a strict time schedule. Two other teams (that I know of) have been involved in crashes and their vehicles written off but luckily no serious injuries. One lad has been mugged in Hungary and lost his passport and another team had all their paperwork etc in one envelope and managed to lose it! So all told ours are doing okay having only paid the odd bribe and fine! 

I'd also like to say a big hello and thank you to all my new followers. I hope to catch up with everyone over the next few days as I get back into the swing of things.

Carol x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, welcome home hun and what fab news to come home to, I'm thrilled for you.
    Glad to hear the boys are doing ok.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Carol :)
    So pleased to hear your good news of your scan results. I can imagine how happy and relieved you are.
    Best of luck to the boys for the rest of their journey and hope all goes smoothly for them.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, It's so nice to know your home and pleased with your good news take care, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol that is absolutely fantastic new darlin!!! must be such a big relief. It's taken ages to get those scan results though hasn't it. Talk about keep you hanging on.
    So glad you had a fabbo Birthday hun. Sounds like you had a really good family break too. I am so sorry for the e-card and not a real one. I feel so guilty and my only excuse is time. Finding it really busy now im on the DT but hoping things will slow down a little in a couple of weeks (please!!). I am also behind with the CCC but know I am not the only one.
    Sounds like the boys are doing a lot better than many of them!!!. As a Mum you must be terrified for them hun. Let us know when they get back all safe and sound ok. Catch up soon and again, so happy for you Carol. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Carol!!

    I am pleased you had a good time.

    What fabulous MRI results to come home to. Shame you couldn't have had them before you went away .. .. but at least they were good news!! Wonderful news!

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Carol, so happy for you regarding your results xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news Carol, I am thrilled for you. Glad the boys are doing ok. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x