Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 12 August 2012

Christmas Card Club - Kerry's Sketch

Good morning all, hope you're having a good weekend. 
My weekend got a little better at teatime yesterday when Gary finally phoned - they'd been held up at the Mongolian border for 48 hours awaiting the import payment being made for the car.  Unfortunately the organisers are only able to get so much money per day so when lots of teams arrive at the border at the same time it can take a while to process them all. Luckily he phoned just after 4pm so was able to catch the fraud department at BOS before they went home at 5pm and his money was back in his account by 5.10pm. So all is well once more!
He was holed up for the night in a yurt complete with wifi in the western town of Olgii.
Onto today's card, it was Kerry's turn to pick the theme over at the Christmas Card Club and she gave us a sketch to work with. My mojo has been awol somewhat since I got home from holidays and this is my first make.


I've made this digitally using a kit from Raspberry Road. Unfortunately I can't get a photo of the actual card atm so I'm showing the digital version.

Challenges entered:
CHNC - festive food and drink
My Mum's Craft Shop - Christmas in August

Carol x


37 comments:

  1. fabulous card Carol, love the design and the colours are gorgeous.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card love the gingerbread man and love the colours xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, glad all is well with Gary and that his money has been put back into the bank x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun card - glad that things are getting better for Gary
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the kit you've used!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Carol, it has a lovely warm feel about it.
    I'm so glad you heard from Gary, it must be a great relief, and him managing to sort the bank out - that was lucky.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An adorable Christmas card and lovely image and colours. So happy that your son was able to contact you and get his account sorted.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab design, colours and image Carol, must do a bit of digital. Good to see things all sorted.Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Carol loving this raspberry road ...your image is such fun , I love doing digi cards now I have mastered craft artist.....lovely card hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, Thats good news about the money nice that things got sorted it can be such a worry, and if this has effected your mojo you have done a brilliant job its stunning! love the layout just love everything about it ....its beautiful our weather has taken a turn for the worse raining now and thunder in the background maybe it's going to clear for a nicer day tomorrow one can only hope!! take care, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad things got sorted, but what a concern. Yummy gingerbread. Your card is just right for Kerry's sketch for CCC and also for my CHNC challenge 85 - hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great news about Gary you must feel so much better now! Love the card and it reminds me of baking gingerbread men.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi carole
    Fabulous card..... It is very hard when you have been away....... Hope you enjoyed
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Carol this card is so lovely. I absolutely love gingerbread men!!!. So glad Gary is ok, must be a big weight of your mind. When will they be home?? bet you are missing him like crazy. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad Gary got sorted, sounds scary!! I love your cute little card, great mix of patterns. I am loving your new profile pic too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great Carol. Great news about Gary xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carol this is fantastic I love that image also the wonderful colours and design, super card
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Carol, loving the gingerbread man and the colours, a wonderful digital make.
    Glad they are sorted with the money, what an adventure he's had.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Carol, What a lovely Christmas Card! I can't believe it seems Christmas is quickly approaching.

    XX
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi Carol,
    this card is the cutest, that gingerbread man is adorable.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just adorable Carol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Carol, a lovely fun Christmas card.
    I am glad you heard some good new, you must get very worried, I know I would.
    Hugs

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a lovely xmas card, gingerbread men are so cute.

    You must have been thrilled to have the phone call - i wish your boys luck on their adventure.

    Thank you for your continued support and lovely comments on my blog.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the colours and the image a fab card xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a cute gingerbread man! Beautiful card Carol in your usual gorgeous colours. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love a good gingerbread man & he is very yummy. Got to learn about digi images on cards..sounds fabulous.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great design Carol, so pleased you heard news and got the money back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a yummy card!!! love the gingerbread man :)
    so glad you joined us on CHNC this week

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super card...Lovely gingerbread man...so cute....Kerry x.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabby Digi card Carol. He looks good enough to eat. So glad you've heard from Gary. I bet that made your day. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  32. I chose gingerbread men too for CHNCC. They make cute cards don't they? I like your colour scheme.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x