Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 14 November 2011

Holly and candle

Hubby's got man flu so it's been a day of moans, groans and attention seeking - I've managed to ignore him thus far lol. I spent my day walking the dog and cleaning the kitchen until the sparky arrived this afternoon whence I decided to craft:


I used a Holly Motif Shapeabilities die to emboss the card and inked with bundled sage DI. The stamp was a freebie from a mag and was stamped with versamark and embossed in gold then coloured with distress inks in bundled sage and fired brick and a gold gel pen. Sentiment was stamped in fired brick.

Challenges entered:
CHNC - candles
Christmas Card Challenges - holly or wreaths
The Pink Elephant - embossing
Sweet Stamps - red, green and gold
Less is More - leaves

Carol x

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card this is Carol. Love the embossing and the colours you have used.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card - I've not seen that embossing die (I think I really need it!) - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 46 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job, Carol. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card--so pretty! LOVE that frame--it's fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fab Carol, that die has made a superb embossed front... I think I almost prefer it to the die cut version!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty! Love the colours you've used, so soft & pretty!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that's a one layer card, it's stunning. The effect is so deep cut that it gives the appearance of a cut out. Beautiful design x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply elegant - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love tjhis effect Carol
    Looks so pretty
    Well done on ignoring the 'man flu patient' lol

    Thank you
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol, what a superb creation! I adore the embossing and just having the touch of color is a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card Carol, the embossing looks gorgeous! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Christmas Card Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous embossing and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty this is. Gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x