Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 12 November 2011

A Happy Accident

or not! Not sure what to make of this card. I stamped this gorgeous Joanna Sheen poinsettia with versamark for the first time then realised all my coloured EP's were still in the dresser in my craft room and it's like an army assault course between here and there - no  way was I going to make it there and back before the ink got too dry so picked up the detail white still lying from earlier and used that. I left the card under a weight to flatten then painted it with DI in bundled sage,  shabby shutters, fired brick and scattered straw. Sentiment (from same stamp set) stamped in fired brick and I embossed the opposite corner to balance it (probably needed a smaller sentiment stamp!). It's the first time I've coloured with DI and I was quite surprised how well it worked.


I now have a lovely new floor in the new kitchen/dining room - it's starting to look like home again instead of a building site!

Challenges entered:
Less is More - leaves (hope there are enough leaves!)
Wags n Whiskers - Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas traditions (always have a poinsettia)
Emerald Fairies - Christmas red

Carol x

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful, this MUST be close to your last Christmas card now. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, love the stamps and the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks really good Carol.

    Catherine. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are beautiful Carol. The white EP on this one really makes it pop. I water colour with DI's all the time, it's probably my favourite thing to do with them. Thanks for popping in, the LIMettes haven't given me their verdict yet!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the distress inks and such an elegant and gorgeous creation and love the choice of reds thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Emerald Faeries
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might not be what you intended, Carol, but it has turned out brilliantly - very artistic :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous--so glad that it worked out better than expected! :) Beautiful--tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it - it has a very hand-painted feel. Poinsettia flowers are really their leaves apparently so there are definitely enough leaves here! Congrats on the new floor! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely effect Carol, I do agree with you though.. a think a smaller sentiment and no embossed line would have sat more happily on the card.
    There are more than enough leaves there! Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card. I like the colouring like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing what new techniques we can try when 'forced' Carol

    Super Christmassy card
    Thank you once again
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely christmas card. And i think that there a leaves enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hola Carol, your card is fantastic!!!beautiful colours, good job Carol:D.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Carol and it's amazing how you can improvise when you have too! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the effect Carol, the DI are so soft and subtle :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Carol, love the image
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Card!
    Thanks for playing with us on the
    Emerald Faerie Garden challenge
    Nela xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card, Carol!! Such a pretty Christmas card, and what a great use of leaves...wish I had thought of the leaves of Christmas:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an elegant card and I love the score line down 1 side for balance too! Thanks for joining us at Wags n Whiskers. xxx Steph

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never tried painting with DI...looks cool! Might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So decent design and its simplicity is so peaceful and relaxing to the eyes.

    Plastic VIP cards
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x