Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 7 November 2011

And a partridge in a pear tree

Feeling very sad today after hearing that a friend and moderator on the Joanna Sheen forum had passed away yesterday at the age of 42. Such a sad loss and I know she'll be sorely missed on the forum.
We've had no kitchen joy again today so tomorrow it'a phone call to head office to try to get things moving in the right direction..........watch this space!
Had a trip to the hairdressers this morning so all those funny coloured bits at my roots have been washed away again, so at least outwardly I appear tip top lol
Today's card is a Christmas one I haven't shown yet, possibly because I wasn't awfully happy with how it turned out!


Image, sentiment and Christmas text BP are all from Pink Petticoat. Image coloured with promarkers. BP trimmed with a Martha Stewart punch. Finished with some ribbon and lace which was originally used on a long dress I made at school about 34 years ago!

Challenges entered:
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Allsorts - anything but square
CES - song or film inspired (12 days of Christmas)
Paper Sundaes - rectangles
Christmas Crafting - 12 days of Christmas
Simon says Stamp and Show - recycle or upcycle
Cupcake Craft - textalicious
and because the backing paper came from my bit box I'm entering

Carol x


23 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, Your card is just beautiful:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real pretty card Carol, lovely DP and image, Don't know if I could part with the gorgeous lace of bygone days lol! Have some too somewhere Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol
    A fabulous card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol

    Yes, that was very sad news. Such a shame and so young!

    A gret snippet make Carol. Love the cute little image and that gorgeous lace.

    Thank you for sharing in the snippet playground again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, really like the recycled ribbon. Thanks so muh for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, now you have got me humming this tune. I think your card is perfect, sometimes times we are over critical of our own work. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card hun, love the image!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Carol. It's dreadful about Katrina, god bless her. I feel for her family so much. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely. I'm quite down at the minute and it was compounded hearing about Katrina's death. I was so shocked. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, I love your card, it's so pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Carol, so pretty :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I am totally wrapped with this card! It's so pretty and nothing like I have ever seen before. So glad you shared with us at Christmas Crafting this month :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous Carol!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that lace, very pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and such soft colours
    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my anything but a square challenge. Good luck in the draw and I hope to see you again!
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! Love the simplicity, it is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card thanks for joining us this month at Christmas Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card the image and sentiment are perfect, thank you for joining in at Christmas crafting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sad news indeed, Carol, she was so young too.

    Your snippet card is lovely - I'm not sure I could have used that trim though - at that age it's a family heirloom. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet, thanks for playing along with Christmas Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely image and such a pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting! this month.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x