Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Vintage Sports

Good morning all. I had a productive day yesterday, lots of washing done and dried, a general tidy up around the house and some DT cards made. I'm desperately trying to get ahead as we going off down to Goodwood to see our son off on his Mongol Rally trip in just over two weeks time. We're staying in Chichester for a week then heading over to the Isle of Wight for a week before wending our way home via the west coast and various relatives. Can't believe the rally has come round so fast - don't think the boys can either! Parental panic is beginning to set in but hoping the holiday will keep my mind off it!! 
Sharing my final Father's Day card today.


Image from Kanban, embossing folder from Couture Creations which I've sanded, base card is kraft. Finished with a sentiment, a charm and some bakers twine from my stash.

Challenges entered:
Cards for Men - sport plus a sentiment
Little Red Wagon - get krafty
CCEE - masculine
Cooking it up with Katie - Dad's, texture and metal
Crafty Boots - sports

Carol x

27 comments:

  1. Lovely card, lovely image. Know how your feeling Carol, What an experience for them and you'll be so proud of him. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great man's card Carol, I love the embossing.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Carol! Love the colours and the image! I know what you mean about parental worry. Sam is going on a football tour from Thursday to Monday and I'm worried. I know he'll have a great time but as a mother you just can't help it can you!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card. Time goes so quickly Carol, it seems no time since the boys were arranging this trip. We will be through in the East Coast at the end of July,I was hoping to meet up again then. Enjoy your Day. Sun is Shining here, not a cloud in the sky. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol,fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is fabulous Carol, I love the image.
    Sounds like you have a busy time ahead, hope all goes well.
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Carol and love the embossing and enjoy your travels xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is one,brilliant card Hun and what a super image,you have,love the embossing,so effective hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful vintage image, just perfect for your Father's day card. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carol this is fab what a great mens card , with fab backing paper well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card I love the embossing, image and the colour theme. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your vintage take on the sports theme. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great masculine card. Good luck to the lads on their trip. Good luck to you too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a super man's card Carol. Fabulous image and the embossing is lovely. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great male card Carol and fab image - just perfect. You'll never stop worrying about them it never goes away but I am sure they will have a fabulous time and what an adventure, something to tell their grandkids away one day!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and great colours. Love that image.
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous card Carol and loving the colour tones. Good luck to your sons and I hope you have a fab holiday too.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carol
    A wonderful card, I like Vintage cards and the image is great.

    Good look to your son, and all in the race.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful vintage card! The sports themed image is fabulous and I love the embossed background on this particular cardstock. A really great look and card, so beautifully done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Sweetie, Good luck to your son x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent masculine card !

    hope you have a good few weeks hols x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous Carol the backing papers along with the image are stunning and a great vintage card:)x

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great card, love the embossing, what a proud Mum you must be - good luck to your Son x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card Carol, fab vintage image and I love your embossed base.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab card Carol! Love all the embossing and your details are perfect! So glad you joined us for our Sports plus Sentiment Challenge at Cards for Men!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x