Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Friday 15 June 2012

Happy Birthday Son

Had a lovely evening yesterday when we decided to pop down to Northumberland and see the Olympic Torch in Bamburgh. There were loads of people lining the street and we had a good vantage point seeing the torch twice as they doubled back on themselves. We then stopped for a meal in one of the local hostelries with other family members.


Torch changeover under the beautiful backdrop of Bamburgh Castle.


I can't believe that my eldest has turned 22 today, it doesn't seem five minutes since I was that age! So today I'm sharing his birthday card, made with his impending trip to Mongolia in mind!


The background has been embossed and sanded using a World Map folder from Couture Creations which I found at the last craft show I attended. The picture is of the Transfargarasan in Romania - one of the best driving roads in the world - which he has built into his route across Europe and that's the car they will be driving! The logos are the official rally logo on top of their own logo. Hope he likes it.
I decoupaged the images for dimension.


Challenges entered:
Charisma Cardz - male cards
Delightful Challenges - for the boys
DYSU - masculine
Little Red Wagon - boys birthdays

Carol x



17 comments:

  1. What a fabulous thoughtful card Carol. I'm sure your son will love it. My son is 16 this year and I just can't believe how the time has flown. I went to see the Olympic torch in my nearest town Bridgend, South Wales. It was a great afternoon and the weather was perfect.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!This is fabulous. I love the embossing and all carefully selected images make it such a special card

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card carol!

    I am sure your son will love it !

    Brilliant how you have done a map of his route & also how you designed the rally car x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photographs Carol and lucky to get such a fantastic place to get such fabulous photograph.

    Your son's birthday card is fabulous! Loving the colours and the how you have incorporated everything to do with his trip to Mongolia.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card, it must have taken a lot of thought, I am sure he will love it because it is so personal to both of you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much thought has gone into this creation, your son will be so proud to receive it. Its really impressive
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Carol and your son will love it, time goes so fast like you say you have to make the most of their childhood as they become adults for too soon!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Carol this is fabulous! I love personalized cards. I love the embossed BG and how you've used the logos. I'm sure this will have a lot of meaning to your son and he will love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol
    What a fantastic card....I bet your son will love it.
    Looks like you had a great time in Bamburgh...we went there a couple of years ago.
    My nephew carried the Olympic torch in Barnstaple :)
    Have a fab weekend.
    Hugs Sally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card the embossing looks fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol this is just perfect for your son - I'm sure he will love it! Also, thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges for our "For the Boys" Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great personalised card, I'm sure he''ll love it, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz

    Kate - Charisma Cardz Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image - love the background

    kitten - DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice card.Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x