Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Thursday 23 February 2012

Crafty Purple Frog Challenge #35 St David's Day

This is my second post today, see post below for my DT inspiration for Aud Sentiments.
We've loved seeing all your entries in our Flower Power challenge but it's time for a new at the Crafty Purple Frog and this fortnight the theme is St David's Day (use yellow and green).
I've used the just one layer of  the "Night Daffodil" decoupage for my card and one of the new Spring Florals papers.



I've used only the top layer of the decoupage for this card and printed the gorgeous backing paper from Amy's Spring Floral collection onto vellum, layered it onto white then green card. Image is mounted 3d onto yellow and green oval nesties then mounted 3d onto the card. Finished with a stamped sentiment, a bow and a flower. The vellum looks lovely irl but it's very difficult to photograph!

All decoupage and pyramage sheets are available from The Crafty Purple Frog.

Do call by the challenge blog to see the gorgeous samples from my teamies, you won't be disappointed.

Challenges entered:
Simply Create Too - add sunshine to your day
Card Makin Mamas - happy birthday
Fairy Tale - spring
Squigglefly - bright and sunny
Paper Pretties - spring
Paper Sundaes - birthday (C10)
Crafts and Me - shades of spring
Inky Impressions - bright colours
Delightful Challenges - use patterned paper

Carol x


PS Don't forget I have blog candy up for grabs!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie!

    Your card looks absolutely amazing! Love all the layering and the image fits perfectly with the paper. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love the soft greens. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! I love how you've colored this image - it's stunning! thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that look! Printing on vellum...what a great idea!!! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Carol:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card Carol I love the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and gorgeous image, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card - just awesome. Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card carol, the colours all match so beautifully. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Carol, love the splash of yellow :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning image and the yellow sets it off perfectly.
    Thanks for playing along with challenge no. 7 at Simply Create Too.
    Erica (SCT DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, love the little bow...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol! I love your card! What a pritty image and your layout is also very stunning! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol: Your card is so pretty--love your colors. Thanks for entering in Challenge #7 - "Add Sunsine to Your Day" at Simply Create Too. Join our next challenge too?

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitialDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really pretty! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions! Please come back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eine sehr schöne Karte ist das geworden.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's me again! Thanks for sharing your fab creation with us at Delightful Carol hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely Carol. The image is stunning and I love your use of vellum here. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions!
    Sharon, II-DT

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x