Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 7 August 2016

Stencil Sunday #58 + August Mixed Media Challenge

Good afternoon all.

Another month has passed and it's time once again to inspire you to put your stencils to good use and join us over at STAMPlorations in our mixed media challenge. Remember it's anything goes except cards and you must use a stencil, we'd love to see your creations.

I've upcycled a coaster for my project...I had a  "I could use these" moment when sorting out before we moved!


I wasn't sure whether the acrylic paint would take to the melamine surface of the coaster but gave it a try and after two or three coats I had a good coverage. I used Radiant Gels with the Dots all Over and Flutterby stencils to decorate....et voila!

This is how the coaster started life, the set was a wedding present so it's had a lot of use!


I hope you can pop over to the challenge to see my teamies projects this month, you won't be disappointed.



13 comments:

  1. great card and nice coaster!
    hugs

    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks gorgeous, love the dimension on the butterfly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coppery look of the butterfly is beautiful, and love the dark surface with the white dots. The Radiant Gel is not a familiar product to me, but it certainly created a WOW effect for this butterfly. Well done at your recycling project! Beautiful. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project Carol, the butterfly is gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coaster looks fabulous Carol, a beautiful butterfly - a great improvement.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project Carol one I will keep in mind.
    Thank you so much for the kind comments on my blog.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, great project! I love the stencils you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job up-cycling Carol. Your coaster is really beautiful with the copper butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Carol - love the recycling you do Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the coppery colour of that butterfly. It has a dimensional look and that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great upcycling Carol. I do love your spotty paper and the coppery butterfly really pops.
    I hope you are settling in ok and "getting there" with all your jobs.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x