Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 9 August 2016

Progress Report

Good morning all.

Finally getting around to taking some indoor photos! We're slowly getting there...busy emptying the loft of the old house and sorting everything before the new loft gets filled. All the Christmas decorations have been sorted and stored together under the stairs so they're easily accessible which will make life much easier come the time!

All the minor flaws in the kitchen were ironed out by the joiner last week and all my doors and drawers now sit straight and shut smoothly. Here are some pictures:


This is how it used to look...although these pictures from the brochure must have been well and truly photo-shopped as it wasn't this light in either of the rooms! We blocked up the second archway and moved the entrance to the utility room.

This is our version...

 

Cooking area..dual fuel Rangemaster oven, lots of drawers for crockery and pans. Archway through to dining room.


Looking over the island to the main storage (the utility door used to be to the RHS of the fridge and the archway where the plate rack is)....there is a breakfast bar on the other side of the island and the tap doubles as a kettle hence the tea/coffee tray in view. Dishwasher to left of sink and shelves for cookery books and bits and bobs either end.


My dresser and spice rack with the utility room entrance to the right. Double doors to the garden, we're about to build a porch on here to store all the coats, footwear and the dogs stuff as we have very little cupboard space in the house.


This is the brochure picture of outside the kitchen doors.



My large corner pantry....cupboards to the right and left (plus other side of fridge) are all pull out larders with metal baskets.


and my almost tidy utility room! It's nice to finally have a laundry room which doesn't double up as an entrance porch.


A close up of my storage jars...they came with the blank chalkboard labels which I immediately attached then had the light bulb moment of stamping the words on instead of chalking them!! I very carefully used the Sketchy Alphabet stamps from STAMPlorations and heat embossed in white...I'm rather pleased with the outcome!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful kitchen Carol it's always excited to move where did you move too? looks lovely on the outside so pleased all is going to plan take care and don't over do it love to see more of your beautiful surroundings and inside too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, I haven't been on my blog for soo long and the first thing I see when I tune in is your magnificent kitchen oh wow I would die for this, its just fabulous. Love the jars, so clever. Hope youre well.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous looking kitchen, loving the new units and what an oven. Great idea with the storage jars.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow looks amazing Carole... Beautiful
    Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, absolutely fantastic kitchen Carol. My whole house would fit into it. Pleased you got the niggly bits fixed,Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... your place is gorgeous Carol. LOVE that huge kitchen ... immediate saw the dual ovens, what a fantastic thing!! And your gardens outside the kitchen door are so pretty and colourful. You are going to be so happy there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is stunning Carol, now that all the hard work is over you can sit back and enjoy your new home.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks amazing Carol - wow!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol I want to come and live at your house. Your kitchen is amazing. I LOVE it. Wow, wow, wow.
    I think I am turning into a frog today, starting to go a lovely shade of green! LOL.
    Enjoy.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow!
    love your house!
    can I come to live with you? LOL!
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an amazing kitchen ! I have a good size kitchen but not enough space for an island. It's fa tactic you lucky lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Carol what a beautiful kitchen, I'm sure you are thrilled with it now all the niggly bits are sorted. You have a beautiful home and surroundings.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Carol! Your new house is so lovely. Loved the kitchen with the fabulous oven and beautiful working kitchen design.
    I fell in love with that garden area outside the kitchen. Perfect for Al Fresco dining.

    You must have been so busy lately...I know it is a lot of work to move house. After my move last year, I swore that was the last....teehee

    ReplyDelete
  14. TFS the pictures of your lovely new space. It looks just fantastic, like a dream kitchen. What storage and gorgeous light. Love that corner pantry...and the wonderful space outside. Very much worth waiting for and you will be so happy to be in this area. Love your cannisters too! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a kitchen to die for Carol. What a beautiful home you have and your garden looks a dream. Great photos. Wishing you great happiness. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x