Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 14 May 2017

Christmas Card Club - "Card based on a Christmas Carol"

Good morning all.

Sorry I'm largely absent at the moment, there don't seem to be enough hours in the day. The wedding invites are almost there and most of the organisation for the day is in hand but the date is rapidly catching up on us!! I also seem to have a never ending stream of birthdays and anniversaries over the next few weeks and another new arrival due next month...best get my butt into gear!!

It doesn't seem like two weeks since our last outing at the Christmas Card Club but the schedule says it is! This week Christine has asked us to "base our cards on a Christmas Carol".


A root through some very old stock produced this topper from (I think) Kanban which simply matted and layered on some vellum and gold mirri makes a very simple DL card. It evokes several Carols...While Shepherds watched, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem, Away in a Manager, Once in Royal David's City but I'm going with my absolute favourite Oh Holy Night.

If you'd like to see what the other girl's have produced you'll find their links on my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. I love how many carols you managed to find in your image but I agree with your favourite one because it is mine too. I think somebody actually steals hours from the day - maybe even days from the week - because like you I'm finding it hard to keep on top of everything right now. So much going on! Ah well that's the way it goes sometimes. Thanks for your lovely card in the challenge. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Carol. Such a beautiful scene. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is lovely Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Carol....that's a great topper, it's good to find stuff in your stash and use it.....I just love DL cards they look so elegant...hope you are having a good weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful topper made into a classy card and so many Carol's it encompasses. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you do sound busy I'm sure it will all be worth it. Great make for the challenge and so good to cover so many carols. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Carol!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris
    Fabulous card... love that topper...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. a great card Carol - and what a list of songs too!!!! Well done you! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol, this is a lovely card. You sound to be super busy.
    No wonder there's not enough hours in the day.
    Hugs Sue W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, lovely card, a gorgeous topper. I think we all find life getting in the way of crafting, hope you can keep up the pace! Hugs, Shaz X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol, getting around to commenting on your CCC card at last and it is lovely, so many carols too, brilliant design, I love the DL shape, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x