Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 30 April 2011

Noel

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my day in front of the TV, the bride looked radiant and her dress was stunning. The Royal family all looked so happy and relaxed and seemed to make the Middletons very welcome and at ease. Loved Prince Harry's running commentary to William as Catherine walked up the aisle and him and Pippa certainly made a handsome pair as they followed the newly weds down the aisle. One of those days when you feel proud to be British!
Made a quick card tonight:
Used this Penny Black stamp again, coloured with promarkers. Image is matted and layered on red and gold mirri card then mounted on foam pads and positioned slightly off centre. Red ribbon has been pleated to the right of the topper.
Challenges I'm entering:
I love Promarkers - no designer paper
Bah! Humbug! - pleats and ruffles
Jingle Belles - no designer papers
Stamp Something - something with wings

Carol x

18 comments:

  1. What fabulous coloring ... and I love those sweet little holiday ducks ... thanks for joining our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card! Good job on staying off of the patterned paper! Fabulous stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Carol, that's a very cute image.

    I was glued to the tv yesterday, loved it all.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the pleated ribbon! Thanks for playing along with my no patterned paper challenge at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card :) I love the ribbon treatment and your fun image.

    The wedding was spectacular! Prince William was really handsome & Kate looked magnificent in her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Carol, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Carol. I just love that stamp. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooooooooooooooh scrummy card - the pleated ribbon looks great with the image and of course with no designer papers everything is shown off so well.
    brilliant
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun & AWESOME "noel" stamp! i loooooove the ducks, they are so cute and funny and you've colored them perfectly! what a great take on the no patterned paper prompt...i found this one HARD but clearly you had NO TROUBLES at all! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you completely on the wedding Carol - it was a fabulous event and just a brilliant day :)

    Your card is brilliant! Cute images, great layout and a fabulous take on our NO DP challenge this week.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how cute your card is with the ducks on it, but elegant at the same time with your LO...LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card! I am PARTICULARLY fond of the sentiment for SOME reason! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab Card Carol.

    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Carole,
    What a super fun card - love those cute duckies and the pleating looks fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a super image to use here. very pretty and the ribbon is perfect.

    another wedding enthusiast here - it really was a perfect day and made me feel so proud to be British!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that is such a fun image and a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x