Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Monday 27 March 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Love Always

Good evening all.

My turn once more to produce a Mixed Media tutorial over at STAMPlorations and share some tips on how to use your stencils in your crafting.

Today I've upcycled another wooden stamp block...it will get turned into a photo holder once I get round to asking hubby to drill a hole in it!



If you love STAMPlorations products or if you'd like to try them for the first time I have a discount code to share with you - STAMPGIRLCAROLD

This gives you a 20% discount on all stamps, stencils and dies...both regular and sale priced items. Please note this code can't be combined with any other code. It is valid for multiple uses whilst I'm a STAMPlorations Girl.

10 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous as always Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Carol! Love the design and wonderful colours.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Carol! And you've just given me an idea to recycle some that came with an unmounted set. I love the idea of using up my old blocks like this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Carol, great colours and design.
    I hope you are keeping well.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a lot of fun. Great techniques, colours and mixed media. I took off a stamp today from a block, to put onto cling foam and would never have thought to use the block in this way...I will now! Great idea and thank you so much for the inspiration x Carol....I am happy with the gel medium but wondered if you could explain about why you should have used clear gesso? (on hind-sight). I have the clear but never used it becuase i really don't understand what it is for? I look forward to your reply in due course...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment Mac Mable.
      To explain the clear gesso...this works like white gesso and gives a tooth to add more layers. As I had used the gel medium as a glue initially there was a residue acting as a resist beneath the stencil therefore when I tried to ink it up I didn't get the full effect I was aiming for...the gesso would have solved this (I think!) without altering the colours of the background. I use my clear gesso quite often as a sort of sealant. Hope this helps. Carol x

      Delete
    2. Yes this has explained it perfectly, thank you. Learning all the time what acts as a resist and what doesn't and then of course....different inks, paper etc. Isn't crafting fun? I shall now break out my clear gesso. Thank you so much for coming back to me, I really do appreciate it x

      Delete
  6. Great way of using up the old wood blocks. Super design. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous. What a fun idea. I was interested to read about the clear gesso. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x