Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Saturday 1 November 2014

Modern Christmas

Good morning all. I can't believe it's November already.

We had a busy old night last night...the first visitors arrived at 5.45pm and my treat bags had all gone by 6.30pm...all 39 of them. Luckily I had some spares sweets which kept us going until someone had made a trip to Asda for more stock. I think we probably had about 100 kids around over the course of the night!!

I put an order into Clearly Besotted at about 4.30pm on Wednesday, had a despatched email back at 5.12pm and opened the package on the Thursday morning...service doesn't get much better than that!

I had to have a play of course. I saw this card at Simon says Stamp a few days ago and used it for inspiration.


The stamps are from a set called Modern Christmas and I inked them up with various green distress inks then added the tree trunks and stars. The "Merry" part of the sentiment was also part of the set. I die cut the Christmas die (also from Clearly Besotted) direct from the image then a couple more times from some waste card and layered them together to give some dimension. A gem was added as a dot to the "i". Topper was added to the card blank with foam tape.

Here you can see the dimension on the die cut. Card all finished inside too.


Challenges entered:
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes
4 Krafty Chicks - anything goes
Paper Shelter - Christmas
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Deep Ocean - just one layer
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
The Pink Elephant - anything goes
CHNC Extra - anything Christmas goes

19 comments:

  1. A fabulous Christmas card Carol, your modern Christmas trees are gorgeous. The customer service at Clearly Besotted is brilliant, I always receive my orders the next day even on new launch days.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol your card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose for this card - and those trees are awesome!!! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that sure is fabulous customer service, and oh my you sure had a lot of trick or treaters.

    Your card is fabulous I love the trees.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Carol. I love the trees and beautiful colours.
    I agree with you regarding Clearly Besotted Stamps - first class service and first class products too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was impressed with my order time too. I like your take on the trees. Love the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and great inlaid sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful! I love how you used the die cut with the added dimensions! Beautifully done! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “”Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, my goodness that was a lot to guisers, I thought we did well with six.
    Wonderful card, the contempory images are great and the colours too, great design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol what a wonderful take on the Simon card! Love the trees and sentiment word. Stephanie's service is second to none!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous. Love the colours you have chosen. Gosh you had a lot of kids around, we had not one! Luckily you had made all those gorgeous bags! Thanks for the tip from about Clearly Besotted, haven't used them before but will go and have a look. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you stamped your trees and the beautiful way you finished the inside of this card! Very pretty!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card! Fantastic!!! Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol, I LOVE how you stamped these trees!! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, love all the different patterned trees, thanks for playing along at The Paper Shelter challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WHat a great card! I love the stamped trees, very elegant card too! Thank you for taking part in Sister Act Card challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you've done with the stamps, Carol (I have those and love them). Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x