Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Happy Birthday

Good morning all.

Yesterday turned out quite a nice day albeit a bit breezy. The house has lost it's heat though and it's beginning to get very cool of an evening...I refuse to put the heating back on in August though!!

I did my first gluten free bake yesterday and made some cherry buns with polenta and ground almonds, they seemed to go down well with the natives as they had all gone by bedtime.

I've quite a few birthdays between now and Christmas so am trying to get ahead of myself as I'm way behind with Christmas cards. Here's one I made yesterday.


Using Lilith again from PPinkyDollsArt, coloured with promarkers before diecutting. I've coloured her hair blue...although it looks quite black/grey in the photo. Papers are from Echo Park. Oval and round dies are Spellbinders. Buttons and fern are from Marianne Design. Lace from Crafty Ribbons. Ribbon, twine, charm and crochet doilies are from my stash. Sentiment is a Snag em Stamp.
(Promarkers used: Midnight, Cornflower Blue, Powder Blue, Burnt Sienna, Caramel and Sandstone)


Challenges entered:
Ppinky Dolls - anything goes
Craft-Dee Bowz - anything goes with a bow
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Cutie Pie - buttons and bows
My Craft Creations - anything goes
Whoopsi Daisy - girly
Kit and Clowder - hair techniques
Brown Sugar - let's get krafty
CCC Digi Creations - charms or pins
Oddball Art Stamp - non traditional hair colour (blue)

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carol, love your colours, so cute image, you've coloured her beautifully. Heating been on for last two weeks, been so cold up here and old houses temps just drop drastically! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol love this card so pretty, gorgeous image and colour combination. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these little girls Carol. Again, beautifully coloured and that little crochet flower is so sweet. I put the heating on! I was so cold on Saturday night so caved in and did it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so pretty your card is fantastic and love your colouring and layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous birthday card Carol. Love the colours. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. Love the adorable image and your pretty colour choices. Your die cuts are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card Carol, such a sweet image and I love your embellishments.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, I love the colour combination one of my favourite and the image is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colour combo and such a sweet image, Carol! Your colouring is wonderful and I love her pretty blue hair!
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card, loving that sweet image, your embellishments and great design
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Carol, such a sweet image. I love the colour scheme and beautiful detailing too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Carol your image is so cute and the crochet or knitted button is cute too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card and image, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness this card is adorable. The colors you chose are so pretty together. Great coloring on the image. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Carol! Your card is just gorgeous. I love the round sentiment, it really sets off the arrangment nicely. I like the sentiment too, I could've sworn I had that one but mine is I think The Stamps of LIfe. Maybe she designs for them. hmmm Well thank you for joining us at Ppinkydoll for our first challenge and I hope you come back and play with us again! ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for playing with us this week at Whoopsi Daisy’s girly Challenge! This is beautiful! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for playing along over at Ppinky Dolls Challenge - "Anything goes”!

    Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth
    Ppinky Dolls
    x x x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x