Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 7 January 2018

Christmas Card Club - "Gnomes, Pixies or Elves"

Good morning all and a Happy New Year.

Can't believe how long it is since my last post...my computer went haywire with a Windows update and took forever to make it usable again...by which time I was way behind with all my Christmas preparations! However Santa did bring a new Surface Pro so I now have back up.

Our first challenge of the year at the Christmas Card club has been set by the lovely Margaret and she's asked to see "Gnomes, Pixies or Elves". This year we have decided that Anything Goes is acceptable if you don't have anything suitable to use for the challenge theme, so this week I have gone with that.



A dozen very simple cards...one layer, no insert. I found these little 33/4" cards when I was making last minute cards in December so I thought I'd use some more of them up.
Snowman and snowflake stamps are from Anita, sentiment is from Woodware and I've used one from Clearly Besotted inside.

Having somewhat lost my mojo of late I have to say I quite enjoyed the forage into the craftroom to make these. I do need to have a good sort out though!

If you'd like to see what the other girls made you'll find their links on my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely snowmen here Carol. Glad you have sorted out your computer issues. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous set of CAS cards Carol, good to see you back.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Carol. What lovely cards for our first challenge of 2018. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute clean and simple cards Carol. Nice to see you back. Happy New Year Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Carol! These are beautiful, loving the snowmen.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's certainly a goodly number to start the New Year with. Had to have updates done on my computer and now it is running 10 times slower. Grr. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Carol, lovely to see you again and with some cute little cards, great images and designs, Happy New Year to you, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet cards Carol, such a fun snowman.
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wish you a very happy New Year.
    Thank you for the lovely Christmas card you sent me, unfortunately I do not have your new address!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Carol, I'd checked earlier but didn't see a more recent post. Good to hear from you, and don't worry about being MIA. I was for most of the year too. Life happens. Glad you got the surface pro. I hear lots of people saying they got that, and I'm not even sure I know exactly what it is! Love your blue & white cards. They are adorable, and look so frosty. Lucky find for you, and I like this idea, that if you don't have the appropriately themed supplies for the challenge, you can do 'anything goes'. Actually, your little blue & white guys could be 'snow gnomes', yeah? TFS & Hugs. Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty indeed. i think my faves are the turquoise ones! He is such a sweet little snowman...

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Carole
    Fabulous cards...
    happy New Year
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy New Year !
    your cards are so very nice!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sweet snowman. They are very pretty little cards. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x