Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Craft Room Tour

Good morning all.

Hope everyone is well and hugs to those who feel the need. 

I'm finally getting around to showing you all my new craft room....sit down and make yourself comfy this is rather photo heavy!!

This is how it started:
Same view now:
Messy work bench to the right beneath the Velux window and cardmaking to the left both with Ikea drawers beneath


Opposite view to doorway, built in cupboard to the right...this has a hanging rail and a shelf inside and at present houses my ribbons on hangers and a host of scrapbooking stuff on the shelf! The space extends beyond the "wardrobe" part and this houses all the electronics for the house and until everything is finished there is no use filling the bottom of the cupboard.

The baskets in the foreground are filled with boxes and other bits waiting to be recycled...I think I have enough to keep me going for now!!!!


Found a novel way to hang my canvases...punched a hole with hubby's leather punch and then used a twine loop! As wall space is at a premium I needed to be economical with the space.


The side of the cupboard houses my rack of DI sprays and paints, with a shelf below for odds and sods!


Ink pads...note space left for some new DI oxide pads! The Ikea bookshelf below houses my stamps, stencils, embossing folders, magazines and these boxes on top hold various embellishments and 6x6 papers (condensed from 2 boxes to 1).


More art work.


Including my favourite plaque given to me by one of my nephews and his wife for making their wedding stationery. When I get around to it I'm going to hang a photo of each of the kids from it lol!


An Ikea trolley housing acrylic paints and decoArt media sprays along with assorted bits and bobs.


2nd trolley housing gessos, texture pastes, tools and other bits and bobs.


Baskets filled with blank canvases, tissue paper, CD's amongst other things. Promarkers and other pens stored above with various storage boxes. It does get warm up there so I needed a fan.


and my throne! 
The cushion was a present from a friend before we sold our business called Thurston Manor.


If you're still with me I hope you enjoyed this tour around my craft room, hopefully I'll be back soon to show you some crafting!

11 comments:

  1. love it - when can I come visit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow Carol. Fabulous craft room, although I did like the one in the old house too. This is much bigger and I love the layout too. Lucky girl. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your craft room!
    its so pretty!
    I enjoyed this tour !
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carol you Lucky Girl you! This is more than a craft room - a beautiful studio. You're going to have lots of fun in there but will you ever want to leave! Thanks for sharing your photos. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous Carol, very neat and tidy - how long will it stay like that?
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new craft room looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous new room Carol, lots of crafting space and inspiration there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a craft room to die for Carol. -a lot of thought and work gone into your design, pure dead jealous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing transformation of your room Carol. It's lovely, bright and cheery and many many crafting projects will be created in this space. I think I'd want my breakfast, dinner and tea in there!! Good job you live too far away or I'd come for a crafty session. Take care and enjoy!! Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful room! Love your colours...I have that same aqua raskog cart and Aqua walls and find it is never feels dark with that colour.
    I love those small grey drawers. They look like they could hold a ton of crafty stuff.
    Your pillow is so sweet...what a nice friend. The words suit this room too as this can be your craft manor.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x