Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 1 May 2016

Christmas Card Club "Poinsettias or Christmas Angels"

Good morning all.

The new house is moving along slowly in the right direction and my craft room is ready to kit out, so guess how I'm going to be spending my week?

Feeling much better now and my blood pressure is remaining down without medication, just waiting for the cholesterol test results to see if there has been any change there...fingers crossed! Sadly the week wasn't all good news, my 93 year old Aunt died on Thursday...I did manage to get down to say my goodbyes on Wednesday which has to be one of the hardest and saddest things I've ever done. Don't know yet when the funeral is but I've been excused Jury duties this week in case it's on a weekday. I'm hoping all my cousins manage to get up as we've never all been under the same roof together and this is the only time it's likely to happen.

Any way it's Christmas Card Club time once again and Mary asked to see "Poinsettias or Christmas Angels".


Another of my Joanna Sheen decoupage sheets used with my Wplus9 die and a Spellbinders die. I have managed to add the decoupage layers this time! I hope you're not getting sick of seeing this design but it's a case of "if it's not broke don't fix it"!!

You'll find a list of the other girls in my sidebar if you'd like to see what they've created.

I'll be back later with my inspiration for the new Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations.

21 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your sad news Carol, it was good that you got to say your goodbyes.
    Never tired of your lovely design and what a pretty topper, beautiful card, take care, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Carol....So pretty is your card l love the image with the pointsettia and 3D effect as always your so creative.....hope you enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card - I love the beautiful image you've used.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card carol ... Love the image... Sorry to hear about your aunt... Still sad at any age...
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,fab image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Aunt Carol. What a great age! Sending hugs.
    Your card is beautiful and thank you for a fun challenge. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Carol. Well done. Glad your feeling better too. Love the new estate, Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Carol and what a lovely image. I'm glad that things are going well with your new home and also the medical improvement. I am sorry to hear about the death of your Aunt. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear the sad news of your Aunt...but pleased your health is improving...helps to cope with these things
    Loving your vintage card and that great image....xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card carol. Glad to hear you are okay and the move is happening ... sorry to hear about your aunt. Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear your sad new Carol. Good news too about your health and I hope your cholesterol is okay too. A gorgeous card, love the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Carol, such a fabulous image.
    I'm pleased to hear that you are well and all is going well with the house - I hope you will share some photographs of your craft room when it is all fitted out.
    Sorry to hear your sad news though, I hope you all manage to get together even if it is a sombre occasion.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a beautiful card Carol, hope you will share photo's of your craft room when finished. Sorry to hear your sad news my family like yours never seem to get together except for weddings and funerals. You will be in our thoughts love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Carol. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. But good to hear that you are feeling better and the move is going well. Will be nice to be settled into your craft room. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carol so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending big hugs to you and the family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely card Carol with a greta image. No matter the age any death is sad and when youare close it hits hard. Thoughts are with you. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm catching up with commenting Carol. What a gorgeous image you have used here for the theme this time, really beautiful. Sorry to hear your sad news also, sending hugs to all.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a lovely image Carol, and I'd never get tired of seeing your fabulous work! It's such a vintage image, yet more vivid in colors than what some of these vintage looks can be. So pretty, and I like the scallops & stitching. A beautiful card. Sorry to hear about your loss, and glad to hear that the meds may be getting adjusted properly. Good luck with the new house and organizing your craft area. It's much more fun to build a house, than to remodel! We've done both, and building a-new is much less stress! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol so sad to hear your news, sending big cyber hugs your way for this week. x
    I love your card, as you said, why change if it's not broken. The image is beautiful and I love how you've layered it.

    Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better in yourself too.
    Take care, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry t hear your sad news Carol, it's never easy to say goodbye! I hope your cousins manage up, I'm sure it would be nice for you all! Glad to hear you're doing okay & I hope the cholesterol is down too!
    On an other note, I love the card you've created, the image is beautiful & I love what you've done!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your decoupaged card is a really nice design for Mary's Theme. I'm gradually mamaging to get round everyone at last. This flu virus has been a really nasty one and has laid both the Doc and I for six. It leaves you feeling so weak. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x