Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 13 March 2016

Stencil Sunday #37

Good evening all.

Sorry for my absence...life has been hectic! Jetlag, Dr's appointments and a new house on top of everyday living has meant little time left over for crafting and blogging. I haven't done any crafting since our return home....and I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms lol! We got the keys to the new house on the 4th and have been busy finalising colour schemes, sourcing new furniture and generally deciding how to make it "ours". As always getting tradesmen in to do the work is a nightmare!! This week we've come to the conclusion we need a new kitchen to make it right for us so it could be several weeks before we actually move.

Some goodish news...the stroke clinic here think my symptoms may have been the result of a migraine rather than a TIA, my Dr is now waiting to see the official report to decide where we go from here.

My turn to provide some Stencil Sunday inspiration over at STAMPlorations today. Today I have a canvas to inspire you.


I started with a 5 x 7 canvas painted with white gesso. Using black archival I stamped the background script from the Mixed Media Elements stamp set through the Flutterby stencil then used transparent texture paste through to emboss. Once everything was dry I coloured with Distress Spray Stains, buffing up the embossing once dry. Edge stamp is also from the MM Elements set. My butterfly and sentiment are both from the Blossom like a Butterfly stamp set.




And the March Mixed Media Challenge runs until the end of the month! If you want to play, you still have plenty of time left to get messy and share your non-card mixed media projects. It's anything mixed media goes except a card...and you must use a stencil (any brand or even a homemade one!) in your project(s). For the complete challenge info + prizes, click here.


I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of my blog candy!

17 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the pretty butterfly!Gorgeous creation.
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well first fingers crossed Carol for the best results from the Drs report.

    It does sound as if your having a busy time. I'm sure you'll enjoy sourcing your furniture etc.

    Your canvas is absolutely beautiful. I really love the colours and enjoyed reading how you made it. Barbxx

    Your canvas is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Carol! Love the backgeoundand your pretty butterfly!

    Congrats on your new house. It looked so fab when you posted the photo a while back. Looking forward to maybe seeing some moire photos once you are in.

    We have now been in ours a year and a few days. The bulbs I planted last fall are busy blooming. The first were up last month, and hopefully if I timed them right, I will have bulbs blooming for April as well.
    Hard to get the timing right though as the bloom dates depend on sunlight, orientation etc...you know the drill.....lol

    Looking forward to getting out in my garden and adding a few new perennials b4 too long...it has rained and stormed so badly lately. 100KM per hour winds...many trees uprooted and fences and siding torn off homes in the area!

    Crafty hugs
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration Carol. Love the colours and the butterflies. Really need to give this a try. Fingers crossed you get positive result from the Dr. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carol - you have been busy and its such good news on the tia front - I hope things work out there. good luck with the house - I don't envy you that one! Love your make - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations, love the colors.
    Gr, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your canvas. Those colours look so cool. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Beautiful background! I love colours!
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol, well that is good news for you, so hopefully the Dr. will have more to tell you at your appointment.
    But you will still have to take things easy.

    Fabulous creation, lots of lovely texture and colours and the butterflies are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Carol, a lovely background and beautiful butterfly.
    I hope you manage to get your new house sorted.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the beautiful background you created Carol - just gorgeous - you must be so excited about your new home and it's lovely that you have time to get it just right before moving in hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous canvas Carol. The design and colours are fantastic. Congrats on the new home ... hopefully the renos will go smoothly and you'll be moved in soon. Hope the test results are good. Thinking of you. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14.  Beautiful and perfect card with those gorgeous features....xx
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good news on the health front I think but I've yet to read further back.
    Very exciting with the move but if you are able to sort before moving rather than have the upset later on down the line, it will be worth the wait.

    A stunning canvas, love the sentiment with the butterfly too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good news about your health. Your canvas is beautiful and the resist is awesome sauce! Wonderful butterflies and such a Spring feel to this design. Fantabulous! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x