Welcome

My photo
Hello and welcome to my blog. Here I will be showcasing all my design team work, general crafting and digital scrap booking.I hope you enjoy seeing my creations and listening to my ramblings. If you leave a comment I'll know you've been and be able to visit you in return. I read and appreciate all comments which are left - good or bad! Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Pop back soon. Carol xx

Sunday 1 November 2015

Stencil Sunday November Challenge

Good afternoon all.

This is my second post today, if you'd like to see my inspiration for the Eclectic Ellapu November challenge please click here.

Another month gone by and it's time once again to inspire you for our November mixed media Stencil Sunday challenge at STAMPlorations. It was great to see so many entries in our SEptember challenge. I have an altered notebook to share with you today.


Made this ready for my trip to New Zealand in January...it started life as a plain navy blue hard backed  (linen effect) book. I started with a coating of gesso then I added texture paste using the ARTplorations Bubbles and Confetti Circles stencils. Using a brayer I then added layers of lilac and purple acrylic paints until I was happy with the effect. Sentiments are from the STAMPlorations Journey, Explore and Discover sets all stamped on tissue and applied with gel medium. The New Zealand 2016 was computer generated and printed onto tissue and applied in the same way.
I may decorate it some more once we're home but wanted it fairly plain for travelling with for now.


The theme is always anything mixed media goes except a card and you must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. Linky closes at the end of the month. I hope you can join us!
Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks

Challenges entered:
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - anything MM goes
We Love 2 Create - anything creative/mixed media goes
Eclectic Ellapu - altered art
Stamps and Stencils - make it 3D

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Carol and I love all the great little details. It will be perfect to hold your memories of the trip to New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol what a wonderful altered notebook ... You will have so much fun using this for your trip to New Zealand .... Have a spectacular time ! Thank you for creating with us at airheads Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great journal cover Carol and perfect for your trip to New Zealand. The time is getting closer now! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Carol, all ready for your exploration of NZ, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous book Carol. New Zealand sounds fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous Carol, all ready for your trip, which will be here before you know it.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful trip, Carol! A lovely book to hold many memories - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great and ready for your trip! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another super mixed media project and a great idea to journal your holiday.
    Your doorstep also looked great on FB for Halloween, I had over 40 kids this year! Ran out of sweeties! Boo hiss. Luckily it was some of my youngest friends so I've sent him with sweeties today for them. I'll be in trouble at school!
    I hope you had a super weekend?

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh this is fantastic Carol love how you have changed the cover to look so amazing.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice Carol, love the colors you used on it, and the texture is fantastic.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool notebook, great texture and love the distressed effect. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Carol, perfect for recording your travels.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant Carol! I can't wait to see what's in it when you come back!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous work Carol, it was after seeing this one that I knew I had to have the Confetti Circles mask and I can't wait for it and another set of stamps to arrive. I was very lucky because I didn't immediately spend the $10 voucher I won from Stamplorations so was able to get free P&P because of Sheri's Thanksgiving celebration so am now desperate for it lol! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great creation, have a lovely time in NZ ! Thanks for joining in with the Sisters of Craft Challenge, good luck and best wishes, Anne DT.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. Constructive comments are always welcomed and appreciated on my creations. Carol x